Saturday 30 July 2022

Saturday's Critters

 People are so kind to say they are fans of my critter posts. It lifts me up. I have fun watching our critters. The challenge is to film them. It keeps me sharp and gives me some goals.

I emerged from the meadow, rising up the path, to find a lovely bird. I must admit I was slightly disappointed it was 'just' a young robin with speckles on its breast, but in the grand scheme of things I cannot be disappointed. I know I am privileged to live here.

robin from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

In the forest, finally a couple of critters, Butch and a coyote. They've been hiding out from the bugs.

Coyote and Butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Chad coyote had to 'powder his nose' in front of the camera, as usual!

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch was in the meadow, as well.

Butch raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The fawn slipped across the camera's field of vision!

fawn from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Someone was sniffing, I think the doe!

sniffer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Also, the flying critters: lots of bees and bugs frequent ther Viper's Bugloss.

Bugloss insects from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The monarch

monarch butterfly from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Visit Eileen's Saturday's Critters  for more critters.

Saturday's Critters # 450


18 comments:

Tom said...

...the running fawn is neat!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I love them all! From the tiniest insect to the bear in the woods they make our wonderful ecosystem what it is. Now if only we could stop tampering with it......

eileeninmd said...

Great critter videos, I am a fan too. I saw my first Monarch this week.
The deer are always a favorite of mine. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! A Monarch! How special! Love the deer and your new banner is beautiful too!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I dunno - could be the bear doing the sniffing! Always fun to see the movement in your backyard. YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Summertime should have lots of critters, among whom are the insects, and sadly enough they like to bite.

Anu said...

Hello. All these videos are great.

Karen said...

Us rural dwellers certainly live a priviledged life, of sorts. When I think of how "normal" our lives went on when the world was in lockdown. It's pretty quiet around here right now. Many of our birds and critters have gone deep into the forest, where I refuse to walk with the bugs and ticks. We still have a pheobe fussing around the back porch. She wasn't to pleased that I chose to have my morning coffee out there today. Mike thinks she might have done her second nesting under there. I'm not crawling through the shrubbery to find out.

Divers and Sundry said...

Robins are common here, but I love them anyway :) The coyote looks big! I'm impressed with your pollinators. I'm trying to attract more of them, which doesn't seem to be an issue you have to deal with ;) Congrats on the monarch :)

Shiju Sugunan said...

I enjoy your observations and videos. Good post again!

Christine said...

Wonderful!

RedPat said...

Your critters a re so different from what I see in the city although I heard there has been a coyote hanging around the neighbourhood.

Elephant's Child said...

I love your critters - which are total exotica for me.

Lowcarb team member said...

A great set of videos.
Happy Saturday and weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

I always wonder what critters think of trail cams. They're certainly aware of it.

Yvonne said...

Love the fawn video, especially in slow motion. Bugloss seems to attract a lot of bees, and the Monarch is just plain beautiful. I'm looking up Bugloss for more info.

Jeanie said...

Love that dashing deer!

NatureFootstep said...

loved the video of the butterfly :)