Saturday 2 July 2022

Saturday's Critters

The bugs have been interesting. Longhorn beetle...

longhorn beetle from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I had a good day Thursday. There was a cardinal!

Mr. CARDINAL from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Forest frolics: it was a busy day! Lawn tractor, running doe, coyote...

forest frolics from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


The rose-breasted grosbeak was a hoot. I was sitting on the deck, looking through the glass, which reflected the white slats of the bench. He seems to visit on a regular basis, I was filling the kiddie pool on the lower deck, but didn't have the camera.

rose-breasted grosbeak from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

House wren: It is so difficult to get to see them, even with them in fancy bluebird nest.

house wren from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

house wren 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


A doe nibbling. Normally I try to choose the best thumbnail if you don't want to take the time to watch the video. This was the best view, I think!

doe nibbling from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

A doe in the night:

deer in the night from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The doe in the day time!

doe in the day from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Thanks, Eileen, for hosting! Saturday's Critters # 446



13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,
I hope you had a Happy Canada Day! Wonderful variety of critters and videos.
I love the Grosbeak and the deer. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...Longhorn beetles are nasty. I haven't seen them here yet.

R's Rue said...

I love seeing all the critters. Hope you had a wonderful Canada day. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Barbara Rogers said...

What a lot of shots of critters this time! Grosbeak is a new favorite of mine!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

The house wrens are back at our house. My they are loud for such small critters.

Karen said...

My trail camera hasn't been picking up anything other than waving leaves lately.
Mike thinks those sounds are fireworks. They have been going off here for days.(nights)
I've noticed a lot more red breasted grosbeaks around my place this year. There is one hanging around down by the mail box. It must have a nest close by. I often mistake it's holler for the robins. They are very similar!

RedPat said...

Lots of creatures at your place.

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely, lovely critters. Thank you.

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoy seeing your creatures -some we regularly get here, some we rarely get here, and some we never see. Mr. Cardinal looks familiar :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope that longhorn beetle stays outside. It is ugly. LOVED the cardinal and the deer, too.

Hope you had a great Canada Day, dear Jenn.

Cloudia said...

Cool critters!

William Kendall said...

The deer must be used to you.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Great subjects for photography in your surroundings. Wish I could explore.