Wednesday 27 July 2022

Clouds, critters, Amsterdam

We've had some wonderful days. It's been hot in the daytime, around 27 C., but for the last few days it cools and I throw my windows open overnight. Tuesday morning it was 14 C. and it was so pleasant for sleeping. 

🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤 🌤

The clouds were amazing last Thursday, July 21.


Wicked nightmare

This is where we used to live in Ottawa. We lived in 113, and the retired high school teacher was in 115 on the right. I don't even remember her name, but she had the corner lot, with a large wedge-shaped garden she lived in in summer. She must be gone now, as she retired from teaching in 1981 when we lived on Craig Henry Dr. 


We never really got along. We had a kitten we'd adopted who liked jumping over her fence and going after her birds. It was the cutest little kitten, with a manx tail. I just couldn't juggle parenting, and the stress of watching the kitten. We had to take her to the Humane Society.

The nightmare was bizarre. We had moved in with this former neighbour. Anyway, there is NO way she would have let us stay in her home with her. It was so bizarre.
From there the dream went south, as I recall looking out the window and seeing someone hanging there. I looked up again and there were two dead bodies. Do you think I am watching or reading too many murder-mysteries? Currently, we are watching Murder en provence, as Unforgotten was a bit too much for me. 

Critters


The trailcams have been pretty quiet. This is the time of year when the bucks are growing their antlers. This is from 2019, as the video (below) showed little of the buck. 


I looked out the front window, and there was our doe. I figured the fawn was somewhere nearby, and walked along the driveway. She was staring at the grasses, and he spooked and ran.

doe and buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Speaking of nightmares... I had to prop up my hibiscus and tiger lily after the eavestrough dudes came back to fix the gutters. The Yucca plant has bloomed, I'll have to put some more dirt around it where they whacked it with their ladders.

My rose gives me peace. They knocked over the first bud in June. It's finally found the energy to blossom. The work had to be done, I know, but flower season is so short.

Intrepid Travelers

The kids are enjoying Amsterdam. 

Boat tours are a must, I am sure! 

Look at these homes, they aren't vertical! Caitlin said they are the famous dancing houses!


11 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I used to have many vivid dreams - now I realise that I don't recall when last I dreamt (or remember them, anyway)... YAM xx

Tom said...

...the lake looks so inviting on a summer day.

Anvilcloud said...

Cooler weather is most appreciated. We went for a bike ride yesterday and have had the windows open a lot, particularly at night.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad you're getting some blooms, and rescuing plants knocked astray by the gutter fixers. Nightmares are really something, and maybe since you remembered some of them you can talk them back wherever they came from. I dreamed I was talking to each of the directions, east, south, west and north...and trying to find the right stones/jewels for each. West was easy, water = pearls. Maybe ruby or garnet for south. I wanted turquoise in there too. And that's my task for today's day dreams!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn

Pretty views of the clouds and water. Your flowers look pretty!
I am sure Amsterdam is a wonderful place to visit. Take care, enjoy your day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Too bad it was the kitten that had to go to the humane society and not the neighbor. That was a very bizarre dream. Still, a good mystery is hard to put down.

What thoughtless workmen.

RedPat said...

WE have had open windows at night too. I can handle the hot days if it cools at night.

Elephant's Child said...

14C is about our maximum at the moment.
Definitely a bizarre dream.
I hear you on garden damage caused by workmen. Hopefully yours will not have to come back.

William Kendall said...

It's odd what the mind does during the night. I dream, but rarely remember any of it.

Divers and Sundry said...

Dreams are their own thing, aren't they. I've been posting mine on FB when I remember them, and some people want to interpret them. I just don't think dreams work that way...

It's too hot here for windows open even at night, partially because our place isn't set up to enable any cross-ventilation. Your skies are gorgeous!

NatureFootstep said...

those houses are really strange. Not sure I would like to live in one. :)
Lovely deers from your cam :)