Friday 24 December 2021

Round and round she goes...

 I seldom have nothing to write about. That's a good thing. Joseph Brian's chest X-ray was 'pristine', so he just has a cold that is giving him grief. That is good news.

I did a big online grocery order. I just cannot face crowds, and JB has his moments. JB went in to get it for us. The parking lot was a mess of vehicles. There were long line ups in the store. We had several substitutions, including cat food flavours. They'll just have to put up or shut up! Or go find their own mice friends!

We are finding things to keep us amused. Wednesday, we watched several BBC The Repair Shop shows. They are delightful. The scenery, the accents, the lovely old family treasures. Some pieces are 300 years old. 

With nothing else left on TV, poor JB watched a Christmas RomCom with me. He played solitaire on his computer, but the scenery is usually quite nice. We watched A Picture Perfect Holiday. There were horses, and a sleigh, trees and mountains. It was cute. Lots of different actors, a gay couple propose on a covered bridge. Our lead actress is of medium height and black, rather than being a tall, blond poppy! Things are moving into the new millennium! 

Nutmeg wanted her treats. She made her statement.


She got bored...

She was NOT happy having her photo taken, they don't like the flash.

JB put the train on. She liked that.

Nutmeg & the train

 

They are bonded siblings, and where one goes, the other often follows. That's when I call them Cinnameg!


16 comments:

Tom said...

...trains are fun, particularly at Christmas.

Kathy G said...

Cats are quite the entertainment, aren't they?

Karen said...

A pair of cuties

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
One had almost forgotten that there could be any such thing as 'just a cold'... My pal Aitch sent me the latest James Bond for my Christmas viewing - that'll do! Have a lovely day tomorrow you two. Huggies from here to there. YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

You have to go in to get your pickup order? That defeats at least part of the purpose.

I wrote this↓ on another blog, but I will repost it for you too.

We will have Christmas with our little family starting tonight. I do feel the spirit pretty well after last year. I have 3 hours of instrumental Christmas music playing via YT over my computer this morning, and it is grand. It is also white out there, which is fitting and right. As usual, we watched the Alastair Sim's version of A Christmas Carol, and will watch the George C Scott version tomorrow. That is pretty well our whole Christmas movie list which we do year after year after year. We will watch White Christmas closer to new Year. Merry Christmas.

Jenn Jilks said...

We don't go in, actually, AC. I thought it'd complicate the story to explain that the staff member told JB about the lineup!

RedPat said...

We have still been going inside to shop but go early in the morning before the crowds hit and go on a Tuesday which is not a busy day. It is a crazy world to have to think about things like that.

William Kendall said...

The cats are mesmerized.

Mae Travels said...

Train sets are so totally linked to Christmas! Your cats may not appreciate how big city department stores (that no longer exist) would have a huge display window dedicated to train sets!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Red said...

I still go out for groceries but I certainly have reservations.. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kay said...

Merry Christmas, Jenn. I thought for sure your kitties were going to attack the train, but they were certainly well behaved and looked to be enjoying the fun.

Christine said...

I watch the Christmas Hallmark movies to take a break from the news.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Today is only 8 degrees cooler than the high temp on July 4th. So its a shorts and t shirt day.
We are doing lots of binging lately in the evening. I am reading books. One can get collections of old novels dirt cheap on Amazon Kindle.

Our cats keep us constantly entertained.

Have a great Christmas!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merry Christmas! My best to you and your family!

Rain said...

Nutmeg lol...Jenn, I hope that you and JB have a very nice Christmas and a lovely holiday. I'm with you, I can't face crowds as easy as I used to be able to. ♥♥🎄

Jeanie said...

It sounds pretty perfect to me! I'm glad you stayed out of the store, though! And even more so for the good XR result. Isn't "The Repair SHop" wonderful? I love it!

I hope your Christmas was perfect, and the remainder of the holidays, too!