Saturday 18 December 2021

🐾Saturday's Critters🐕

I've moved the front yard trailcam, here are the last of those videos in that location. It was facing the front yard bird feeder.

I like watching Butch raccoon, I haven't seen many as the cold must make them a bit sleepy. It stood up and did 'bear' – sitting on its haunches, and looking for trouble.


~~~

Today is our December bird count. I've had 13 mourning doves at one point.

~~~

I've been watching the cottontail coming to the feeder. Attaching the time to the image, it is interesting figuring out when they have visited.

~~~

I found that I have 2 cottontails! Not only that, but the one bunny sits up, doing 'bear' and I figured out it was looking at Oregano, our feral visitor.

~~~

Having moved the camera to the deck, I managed a wonderful set of 20 videos on Thursday, Dec. 16th. I chose just one to give you an idea of what happened.



This is where it sat. You'll note the ribbon...



It was another gusty, windy night. Cinnamon wanted to hunker down in the Muskoka Room. I finally had to bring him in when I was ready to turn the light out at 9 p.m. He was happy watching the wind.

Down in the forest, real action!

5 coyotes at the same time...


Saturday's Critters # 418 <= for more critters!

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,

You do have lots of critters in your yard. I love the bunnies, I have not seen them in my yard lately. The 5 coyotes is a neat capture, I hope they move on.
Great videos and photo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Tom said...

...you sure have a lot of night visitors.

Crafty Green Poet said...

It's great to catch so much wildlife on your trail cams!

RedPat said...

There is a lot of action in the dark in your area!

William Kendall said...

Lots of company in the night.

Red said...

One of the guys here had an infrared camera and there were surprising images from that.

Ontario Wanderer said...

My trail cam has been sitting on my desk without a card for months. Sigh!

DrumMajor said...

I didn't know rabbits could become bears. Was it going to attack the cat? Linda in Kansas

Shiju Sugunan said...

So many interesting visitors captured by the trail cam.

My latest post:
https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/12/few-birds-from-hoskote.html

NatureFootstep said...

5 coyotes at the same time? Amazing.
I have actually seen a coyote upclose. It was in Yellowstone. It just headed where it was going and did not let any humans bother it. A nice memory.