Friday 10 December 2021

Winter is here!

I was out doing the front walk. No more than that. It should rain on Saturday! 
Looking up the driveway, I spotted a doe. She has a limp. She wasn't afraid of me. I knew she was a regular.

Hauling out a deer feeder, I threw a handful of bird see there. She is one we've fed before, she wasn't afraid of me at all. I feel so badly for her. 




She went straight for the feeder – after I pulled it out.


I suspect that this is our deer friend, Maggie. Or a new one with a broken leg. We'll call her Maggie!

It snowed some more. Not a surprise, as it is December. What weather we've been having. Snow, graupel, then rain. Clouds across the continent.


What worries me is the rain expected on Saturday. An overnight low of -1 C., after that. Oh my. 

Sadly, our COVID–19 number are up, here in our health unit. It's discouraging. December 1st we had 26, by December 8th, there were 39 cases. We jumped to 60 on Thursday, Dec. 9th.

I fixed our kitchen light, and found another issue. I'll have to remove it the durn thing, maybe fill the hole? Find some more anchors. These just fell off. Maybe I can just tie the curtain back. I just don't want to go shopping, not sure what I need to do.


There are two neighbourhood homes for sale! 

9 comments:

Tom said...

...here a warmup is coming.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your walk and your critters.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Me again, sorry to see your infection rate go up.
Oklahoma's Attorney General announced that he thinks the science on the vaccines is very unsettled and a "nurse" he brought along with him tried to tell people at a press conference that the vaccines are still experimental.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you all the best my friend

RedPat said...

It is scary seeing the numbers go up everywhere around the world. Not a good time to travel or do much else.

Red said...

Sad that covid keeps coming back again and again

William Kendall said...

Apparently the temperatures on Saturday won't be rising quite as high as expected.

Anvilcloud said...

Lanark East is hanging in there pretty well. A fair bit of the rise has to do with schools. They should probably shut down, but they won't.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a sweet photograph of Maggie.

All the best Jan