Monday 20 December 2021

My best friend worked very hard!

 Another storm – just glad it wasn't Monday morning, garbage day. 

After I shoveled, I had a shower. It felt so good. My booster arm is better, I can now put on my bra without too much pain. (TMI?!) It is pretty, the snow. The sun shone and brightened it all up.


The before and after. The sidewalk and driveway were a bit wet under the snow, as temperatures plunged overnight after a warmer day. (-11 C.)

This is a marvellous invention, my best friend on Sunday morning. 


I was a bad mum. I forgot I let Nutmeg into the Muskoka Room. She was out a couple of hours. Whoopsie. Cinnamon is happy to stay in and sleep.


The bird count went well Saturday. I was wondering if the day after we'd get some lovely birds! All I saw was a goldfinch in its muted winter colours. None on count day!


A happy man managed to get his finicky train going. We've not wanted to draw attention to it, due to the cats. They haven't shown any interest, which is a good thing! It is on a piece of cardboard, with a layer of used styrofoam, on a card table.


14 comments:

Tom said...

...we haven't needed a snowblower yet this year.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My word thought Cinnamon, that is one noisy mouse!!! &*>

Oh, and I boycotted Kellogs and all other such manufacturers way back last century! YAM xx

Lorrie said...

The snow is beautiful. Glad your friend is so very helpful, and probably complains very little! Christmas trains are so much fun!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Cats are so curious and hilarious how they go about checking new stuff out, especially stuff that moves and makes noise. I love the tentative paws.

You need a boyfriend in snow country. My parents had one for years in Idaho. It saved their bacon many a time. It's now at my sister's house in Colorado.

Nancy J said...

A gentle pat while the train is still, I wonder what they think? Anything different must be a little scary. by the time New Year arrives, the train when running round will be a normal event. Hope it stays intact till then.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The cat video with the train is cute. Have a happy week.
I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

Yay on the snowblower. The train is so cute.

RedPat said...

The cats will have fun with the train during the night!

Anvilcloud said...

The paw coming up at the end of the 2nd vid is very cute.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jennifer,
That was a lot of work with the snow.
Funny to see that train.

Greetings, Marco

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon is curious about this toy.

Cloudia said...

I enjoyed that immensely thank you

Red said...

You have had some nasty changeable winter weather. Wet icy stuff is difficult to clean up and walk and drive on.

Gaelyn said...

Quite entertaining.