Saturday 4 December 2021

Saturday's Critters

My grandies name the critters these days. I post a photo, and ask for suggestions. 
Our weather has been variable, this morning it is -9 C., and things are sparkly. We've had snow, then rain, melting the snow. The trailcams show me when it snows, sometimes triggering the cameras. The critters tend not to go out in the rain, though.

 Chad coyote is first up. This is a nice, healthy one. 

This Chad coyote is afraid of the trailcam light.

The pumpkins haven't been as yummy as they were. I have my suspicions. Gerald, our slightly older buck. He could be three years old. Their antlers grow new tines with time.

Carl is the younger one. He could be two years old.



We had three coyotes at once. The triplets are back. The one pooped, scraped up debris and scared off his buddy. His other buddy had a possessive pee. Ah, nature in the raw!

 

 We had 4 coyotes 4 months ago, they are back! I had a surprise. There were four coyotes again this time. The 4th seems an outsider, not part of the tribe. Maybe he is the one, above, that is afraid of the trailcam light. They sure were inspecting the coyote poop!

 

Thanks to Eileen for hosting! Saturday's Critters # 416


12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The coyotes are neat to see, but I would worry about 4 coyotes hanging around my property. I like the deer, they are my favorite critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...you have a lot of critters to name!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Nature in the raw indeed! I don't really like seeing a coyote in the wild but I don't think they would ever bother us when we hike. I hope not at least! Enjoy your weekend.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That's quite the coyote pack building... YAM xx

RedPat said...

I love seeing your deer but the coyotes would intimidate me a bit.

William Kendall said...

Lots of critters around you.

Kay said...

The girls must have such fun naming the animals. The coyotes make me nervous though.

Red said...

You have some great friends.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

What a great idea to have your grandchildren name the animals. I hope it builds in them a lifelong connection to nature.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your trail cam. Your coyotes are big and fat!! Ours are pretty scrawny.

The deer seems to appreciate your recycled pumpkin.

Cloudia said...

Your knowledge is wonderful

Jeanie said...

That trail cam is loads of fun!