Friday 3 December 2021

Funny COVID–19 vaccine story

 I tried to set up myself for a booster shot. We had our 2nd dose June 9th.They opened it up to 70+ citizens, and booked JB into a clinic at Perth Legion, after a certain number of days. I booked myself, then read the fine print, only 70+ folks. Back to square one. 

In the meantime, they've added 5 – 18-year-olds to the roster. Clinics abound. 

The news was leaked, they were opening it up to 50+. Back to the website. It's a portal Pomelo, another for-profit, I bet, providing the service. 

JB insisted I book anyway, just to get a slot, as they were opening up. The announcement came down, people 50+ can book as of Dec. 13th. I was booked in Dec. 11th. They have been saying that you will be turned away if you aren't certified. The email has a handy link where you can cancel. I cancelled.

Please ensure you are eligible for your vaccine. Please see COVID-19 Protection & Vaccines - Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit  for more details. 

My appointment info arrived in email. Can you read the fine print? Only kids for this clinic. 


I found the list of local sites and dates. There were zero appointments in Perth, by this time.


I had to resort to Smiths Falls. I didn't realize both Dec. 18 and 30 were for kids until I looked it up. It didn't say so on the booking portal. Not until they send the email. You have to open this up on another page: list of local sites. Dec. 21 began at 16:45, and I won't drive in the dark. We had another doe killed on the highway yesterday afternoon, just as I came home from my hair appointment.


I mistakenly made it for Dec. 30th. Back again to the portal. Dec. 21st was booked up. I give up, for now. It's important the kdsi get their vaccines. I shall be patient.


In the meantime, we are still wrestling with 💰Canada Revenue Agency😓, as well as the bank.  

11 comments:

Tom said...

...age can have its rewards.

Nancy J said...

How difficult is everyday life now, down here we have to mask, scan in with our smart phone to a Code that is on the doorway, the inner walls, or any other prominent place. If you do not have a phone that can download the app, you have to sign in. And from yesterday, if you enter a hospitality place, or other where there is close contact, you have to show " My Vaccine Pass" which proves you are double vaccinated. I hope you get your booster soon, life should be relaxed, easy, and restful. XXX

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

No waits down here in Oklahoma!! I took son to get his booster last week and all the appointments at the local CVS were open. My wife got her booster yesterday at a drive through operated by a local hospital. Fully staffed and she was the only one there.

We suck at Covid here. I still hear "It's just the sniffles."

Anvilcloud said...

We booked once, thought it was too early (not quite 6 months), so we cancelled and re-booked for later (Dec 21 I think). We could have kept the earlier one as I understand it b/c it is 168 days and not quite 6 months.

Cloudia said...

Glad you were staying safe honey

Lorrie said...

Oh, the hassles of dealing with governments!

William Kendall said...

It'll be awhile before the booster opens up for me.

Bindu said...

I will try to book myself for a booster dose next week.

DrumMajor said...

What interesting bracketing and a bit disorganized of a booking site. Keep trying. You're important too. Linda in Kansas

Kay said...

Oh wow! You are going through so much hassle. Luckily vaccines and boosters are pretty easy to get here in Hawaii. They have discovered 4 cases of Omicron here though. Arrghhh!

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad they are opening up the boosters to a lower age. They did here, too. Now, I just hope people actually get them!