Thursday 16 December 2021

Chores!

  I've been puttering. After the big windstorm, I noticed that the water had accumulated in the water fountain. I don't have a big enough tarp. I drained it, using my syphon. Using tent pegs that came with JB's birthday bears, I managed to secure the tarp to the ground. It looks snazzy!


The storm knocked at least two nests out of the old white pine tree. They are so delicate, yet strong!

I spent some time sawing deadfall into kindling. We expect freezing rain, again. No freezing rain, just a bit of snow and 4 mm of rain rain!



It's good to have backup heat. Some families were three days without power in Ontario last weekend. More kindling.

Chores!

The winds were really bad again on Sunday. I took the opportunity to try and video the crow's nest. I think you can just get a glimpse. I spent hours watching them raise the three babies.


9 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm still picking up sticks from that wind storm.

Anvilcloud said...

I have seen today that we might get even heavier winds. I am not sure if it is for our area. I didn't look closely enough.

Nancy J said...

2.10 a.m. couldn't sleep!!!What a snazzy saw, didn't hear you yell " Timber" as it fell to the ground. Here I was thinking you had a hefty hand saw, that needed a lot more muscle to use. The cart is a great way to get it to the door , And that wind. Here, we have had rain, torrential rain, and more rainb.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
Always something to do... YAM xx

Gaelyn said...

I knew that wind was coming your way.

RedPat said...

It is very windy here again today!

William Kendall said...

That windstorm was ferocious.

NatureFootstep said...

I like when it is windy, but, too much is not good :)