Sunday 26 December 2021

Happy boxing day!

First, a story!

Dec. 11th – I suddenly realized we hadn't had any propane delivered.  I phoned them up and said that we were at 37% and I was worried. They told me we had enough for the weekend and into the week. They'd send some. I had a senior's moment. That was awhile ago. By Christmas Eve I was worried and checked it again. We were down to 27%. I phoned. They said we were scheduled to get some that day, Dec. 24th, and we had enough to last a couple weeks. What, me worry? 
Whew! It was quite a bill, but as Jesse said to me yesterday, "It's only money!"

πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚  

This is Boxing Day. It is also my 65th birthday! Last week, Joseph Brian happily exclaimed, "Soon you're going to be a real senior!" I guess he likes to hammer that home, as he turned 70 a couple years ago...

My mother gave birth to me on her own. A single mom, back in 1956, when it was shameful. Happily she gave me up for adoption. I met her, Meeting my birth mother, and it didn't go well. I've had a good life. 

I awoke to a surprise the cats set out for me. JB put it out last night, but Nutmeg attacked it!

We had a wonderful birthday party last year.  We'll celebrate in the New Year sometime. We are staying safe in our home. Last year we had the girls off and on, while their parents worked from home. It was wonderful being useful, while the parents juggled work and family.

          

We had ice pellets on Christmas Day. That on top of snow!

It's an interesting sound. A bit spooky, as Ice Storm '98 occurred at this time of year. We filled the bathtub, and checked for flashlights. There were 10,000 without power in Ontario on Saturday. We were unscathed. Most came back up that day.


🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁

We opened our stockings. Now, JB put together all of ours. Happily he's of the age and stage where he forgot what he put into them! He was happily surprised, as was I.

S-I-L Jean-Luc brought the striped one over (see yesterday's post!)  and Cinnamon thought it was amazing. The pompoms got his attention. After this, they showed much more interest in the boxes – rather than the new cat toys. He is so cute!




Cinnamon had the wrong stocking. The cat stuff was in another one!

I created a monster! 

When a woman turns 65, these are tools you really have to have on hand! I asked JB to order them for me. 


We did Facetime with the kids in Ottawa and in Vancouver. It was lovely to talk to them. Jesse's daughter, Cluny, in Vancouver, has lost her two front teeth! They were quite excited to have snow in Vancouver on Christmas Day.

The girls showed off their loot! Isabelle was having fun with Momma...

Izzy showed us her plasma ball. It is fascinating. They love science.

These are really cool. These are all drawings Josephine has done, which they put on shirts. These are just screen captures from our Facetime chat, but you get the picture! 


Poor Cinnamon was on my lap when we were watching The Repair Shop. The one craftperson revved up his table saw. The noise scared Cinnamon.  I have a bandage on my hand, with a deep cut, as well as my chest. My 'nurse' went and fetched me bandaids and Polysporin. What a way to end the day!



15 comments:

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to you!
I was born during the night between 26 and 27 of December (I'm nine years your senior).

Anvilcloud said...

I also thought of the ice storm. I wasn’t even here then but had been a few days earlier getting daughters settled in an apartment on Merivale.

Tom said...

...Happy Birthday, I blew out 65 candles a while ago.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!!!

Apart from the cat attack, seems you had a pretty good festive day yesterday. Well done. After an early start, I managed to sleep through most of it!!! (much needed, I'll add.) YAM xx

RedPat said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like it was a fine Christmas at your place.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer.
The Ice Storm sure did teach us all a big lesson didn't it? Be prepared. Be prepared. Be prepared.

Nancy J said...

Many, many Birthday Greetings to you. XXXX Hope the scratch heals well, and all the stockings held goodies you will enjoy.Snow, hail, and more, 'tis the season.We have scorching heat, even at night still too warm.Ignore that if you want some warmth!!!

Lorrie said...

Happy Birthday greetings from snowy Vancouver Island. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to you!

Kathy G said...

Happy Birthday! The photo of the beauty tools made me laugh, and your caption is spot-on :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the group that is older, wiser and more sensible than the rest of society!

Ontario Wanderer said...

Ah to be a young 65 again; how I wish . . . Happy birthday!

Cloudia said...

I wish you many many brilliant birthdays ahead my friend. We Are Young seniors. Glad you're looking out for yourself in your wonderful home.

Jeanie said...

Happy Birthday a day late and many, many more! We just sort of chilled yesterday -- leftovers, moving slowly. That might happen all week! Your Christmas looks delightful with your zooms and the cats (sorry about your hand, though). Apart from that, all seems very good.

To many more lovely birthdays!

DeniseinVA said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! What a lovely time you had with your zoom calls, but ouch on the hand. I have been enjoying all your videos very much and everything else too for that matter! Happy New Year!