Saturday 11 December 2021

Saturday's Critters

I've moved the trailcams around. This one is focused on the bird feeders out the front window. It gets a lot of traffic. I was trying to capture video of our bunny. I knew there was a cottontail out there, due to the tracks. Last week she fell (or jumped) onto the goldfish pond!, sliding on the ice. 


We had 13 mourning doves this week. They are pretty birds.



The first day of the trailcam relocation, I captured Dratted Red Squirrel, the cats were watching for her. The tracks are everywhere!


 I was locking up for the night, Wednesday night. Looking outside, I could clearly see cat tracks, and both cats had been in since noon. I nipped outside to grab some photos in my jammies, as I expected more snow. By morning the tracks were covered, but I had the evidence! 

It would appear that Oregano our feral visitor walked up the sidewalk, up to the front steps. From there, to going under the feeder.





Our rabbit showed up first. The cottontail was there just before Oregano!


By morning, I looked out the back deck, and there were his tracks. He must have been peering in the door, looking for other cats to play with! Sure enough, feral Oregano was on the trailcam. 




The rabbit was back the next day! This camera has had its day. I get a new one for Christmas. There is that.

The trailcam in the forest revealed a doe, who wasn't buzzed by the noise. I'm not sure what it was. Maybe the snowplough. Any thoughts?!


The coyote with the bad leg showed up. 


It is pouring rain today, our snow will be gone. It is sad. The snow cover protects the land and the critters. That said, I saw 7 Canada Geese fly southeast. I'd heard them in the morning, as well. I guess they didn't get the memo! The goslings are grown, and the cycle resumes. The nearby lake is open, although the little bays are freezing up, they tell me.



Saturday's Critters # 417 <= For more critters, visit Eileen's blog! 


11 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the shiny eyes!

eileeninmd said...

Hello jenn,

What a wonderful collection of critters. I like the bunny and doe.
That does sound like a snowplow going by. Great videos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend!

Anvilcloud said...

What fun you have. I saw some geese flying about yesterday. I guess the silly things are going to stick it out -- at least for now.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your videos are so interesting. Great sightings!

Mae Travels said...

Your stealth wildlife photos are great. Especially the eyes.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

RedPat said...

It is good to see Oregano back.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your banner and that cute little gnome! I have been gnome crazy this month! lol Maybe you'll see one in a trail cam! heehee!

Nancy J said...

Oregano needs a little cat house with a blanket for those cold nights, he does look well fed!!! How about the DRS, leaping everywhere, regardless of the -5C weather.

William Kendall said...

Wascally wabbit!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a wonderful collection of critters you've shared.
Thank you.

All the best Jan

Yvonne said...

Always like watching your trail cams to see what's going on in your yard. I suspect you'll get another snow soon. Wishing you a lovely Christmas filled with much happiness. Take care.