Sunday 19 December 2021

Bird count day!

 As I wrote yesterday, I have moved the trailcam. I haven't seen much on it. Last year, in the dead of winter, Oregano would be a frequent visitor. Of course, I forgot to put it out last night.


It was bird count day on Saturday. It began to snow in the afternoon. The mourning doves had snowy sprinkles on their backs. Also, two red squirrels, two black squirrels. Junco, chickadees, blue jays, as well. Nothing too exciting. The Merlin did not choose to visit. Durn things!







The woodpecker was a bit proprietary. He gave the chickadee THAT LOOK! 


Shortly I'll have to go out and shovel. We had quite the dump of snow, about 6 cm. A soft, gentle snow all day. JB is doing dishes. 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...great captures of the squirrel.

Anvilcloud said...

I am so pleased to see the snow. Just in time too.

Mae Travels said...

How was the bird count? It's such a nice old tradition.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely photos here, specially the squirrel, the woodpecker and the junco

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
You know, I'd give anything to have a slow steady dump of snow... all we've had for three days is full fog, preventing even the usual seagull watching! These are lovely shots, Jenn. YAM xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in LOVE with your trail cam, Jenn. I watched the ones from yesterday and was so impressed. I live in the largest city in my state, so I fear a trail cam would be a waste of money, here. But I sure like what you are finding in yours. I am so impressed you know what each bird and creature is. I know squirrels, but that's about it. You are so gifted and I am truly impressed.

Thanks, too for the visit to my blog. So sweet of you, too. Holiday wishes, Jenn.

Cloudia said...

I enjoy the beauty that you share with us every day. Jenn. I really appreciate having you for a friend

RedPat said...

Nice shots of the creatures!

Bindu said...

It was a lot of snow yesterday here in Toronto as well. Today, it is nice and bright.

Christine said...

Lovely shots!

William Kendall said...

Lots of critters paying you a visit.

Jeanie said...

You have the most wonderful wildlife. And a reminder to me to fill my feeders!