Saturday 25 December 2021

It's Christmas Day!

 

– to all those who celebrate!!! For everyone I wish you a Merry Merry! 
 

What a couple of years it has been. 
Christmas in the past used to be terribly busy. My family used to be in the choir. A candlelight service the Sunday night prior, a midnight Christmas Eve communion service! I loved being in the choir at Christmas. 

We are staying to ourselves, and this is the safest thing to do. Our local health unit had 106 positive cases logged on Thursday. That is crazy. 

Ontario's Dr. Freedhoff wrote:
"It's almost time for Ottawa media to report our by a mile pandemic record case count without mentioning we've long since hit our testing capacity, are rationing testing, and aren't counting positive rapid tests (RATs)."

FlightAware has posted a site they call the Misery Map! These show all the cancelled flights, due to staffing issues. It's an interesting and dynamic site, and shows just how much air traffic there is across the US. 

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

That said, the girls requested a Facetime with us Christmas Eve morning. They seemed really hyped and excited. I should have known something was up.

They chatted with us, then asked how much snow we had. (We have about 4 cm or so.) They wanted to see the backyard, I got up to head for the back deck, laptop in hand. Then Jos asked about Grampa's new bears that light up. I changed direction, went out the front door, and my son-in-law, JL, appeared, coming around the corner of the garage! He brought stockings, with stuffers, and some food. It was a pleasant surprise! Thing is, Jos thought his bears were in the backyard, not the front! They were trying to trick us for the surprise. Ah well. It was fun. 

He drove an hour to us. He had an hour to wait, as they have super duper fast charging stations at the Crystal Palace, and then drove an hour home. He is the best son-in-law! I sent him home with three presents I grabbed.




๐ŸŽPresent #1
I was looking for a present for Caitlin two months ago. I found a mini grow light for the orchid we gave her. It hasn't rebloomed, and I thought the light would be great. Lee Valley Tools had it, and I was about to order it. I texted JL at the time, and he said he'd be happy to pick it up. By the time I did all that, they were sold out. Shucks! I texted him back and said 'too late!'


I tried other Lee Valley stores, but almost totally sold out except for Calgary and Victoria! (They don't ship!)

We went into Almonte, to visit the L.G. Lee Sons store, a brother store to Lee Valley, and JB thought to ask about this sold out light. They had a half dozen on hand! EUREKA!!!! They were in a cupboard, and she figured she best put them out. I bought two, one for me and one for Caitlin. Here is mine. 

๐ŸŽPresent #2
JL arrived home. Josephine's birthday was Dec. 9th, they Facetimed me, and asked if she could open her birthday present. A cat water bottle, a Mad Libs pad, a light up toque, and beard ornaments. Seriously! They are to go in her hair, not her beard! I think they targeted the wrong audience! 

 Momma opened her present, and I had to explain the story about her plant light (see above). Facetime works so well for us as grandparents! They were planning on walking to the library to return 14 books and take out 4 more. Voracious readers, our girls!


๐ŸŽPresent #3

The last present, the one I most wanted them to open, were two photobooks I created of their trip to see mรฉmรจre in New Brunswick. She is visiting them for a month and this means they won't have to mail it to N.B.! 

Well, I best have some coffee before we unwrap! It's raining, but we expected freezing rain. A good day to put on a fire. The tree is on, it's going to be a dark day.

Have a wonderful holiday to all my blog buddies near and far.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you have a merry family day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Sending Love and Light to you both - what a wonderful thoughtful plan your family made to surprise!!! have a great day. YAM xx

Karen said...

Merry Christmas Jenn and JB

RedPat said...

Merry Christmas to you both!

Bindu said...

It is green Christmas here. No visitors, no parties...
It is great to read about your Christmas. The beard lights....lol

Nancy J said...

After midday now for you, what a delight to have that surprise, and snow, and some goodies to open.Hope you have a wonderful day, staying safely at home, like so many are doing. XXXX to you both .

Gaelyn said...

May be a stay home holiday but you've been busy celebrating with family, including the surprise. You're a fun grandma.

Merry Christmas!

William Kendall said...

Merry Christmas to you. It's fairly bleak in the city.

Red said...

Lots of fun and surprises for Christmas makes things enjoyable.

The Furry Gnome said...

Having a very quiet Christmas here.

Anvilcloud said...

Well, that was nice enough.

DrumMajor said...

Hope you, the girls and all the bears had a wonderful day! Linda in Kansas