Tuesday 21 December 2021

COVID & Cats

This pandemic is shocking. We were in a safe bubble last Christmas and the Christmas before. That was a good thing, we will embrace those memories. We just have to keep on breathing, and playing it safe. I see all those photos on Facebook of people having parties, and I shudder. I know how sick I was with my second shot, I cannot imagine coping with the real thing. 

😷COVID-19

Dec. 20 – Our health unit is reporting 142 new cases over the weekend (126 recoveries), including 38 cases in the past 24 hours, Sunday. They don't report on weekends. 

 

Article on rapid covid tests

“With a rapid test, a positive is a positive,” said Dr. Eric Arts, a virologist and immunology professor at Western University. “A negative is not a definitive negative. You may still be infected, regardless of what the rapid test shows you.” 

I've been sleepy and have a headache. I cancelled a massage. I think it is the booster affecting me, but I'm not sure. It's difficult getting tests, apparently. Testing has reached capacity, and they don't want to test asymptomatic people. They aren't contact tracing, as they just don't have the capacity. Dr. Tam, one of our federal healthcare professionals, says that this wave began with unvaxxed kids under 12, sports events, and university populations.

 Poor JB is managing a cold, I have a bit of a cough. 

OK, 'nuff said! We are going to hibernate for a bit. I've placed an online order for groceries. We've a wee ham for Christmas dinner. 

😺😺😺😺😺😺😺😺😺😺😺😺

As I wrote previously, I've moved the trailcam to the front deck. It captures the cats nicely! Funnily enough, it appeared as if a cat knocked the camera over. They clearly heard and/or saw it, staring at the camera and were curious. JB came in from one of his walkabouts, and he picked it back up. Twerps! Can't blame the bears on that one. They are known for ripping cameras off of trees!

Cinnamon jumped up on the table, which I'd not seen him do. He usually hops up on the bench to make eye contact with us, asking to come indoors, which he does at the end of the video.


JB let them out early in the morning, and Cinnamon did 'bear' again, rising up on his back legs to see something in the yard. 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...Covid is an endless thing!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...and our government doesn't seem to know which way to turn - or it doesn't care. I suspect the latter. It is going to come down to individuals making their own choices in health and safety. Love seeing Cin in action. YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about your health and the reduced Christmas. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I have just returned from grocery pickup. I also brought a breakfast home from McDonalds to celebrate the solstice. The parking lot was very busy, and the store too by the looks of the comings and goings.

RedPat said...

I did Christmas grocery shopping this morning and it was getting crowded when I left. Saw a huge line-up at a Shoppers Drugmart which I assume was to get a booster. Our plan is to stay in and avoid crowds.

Cloudia said...

You are really smart. I too cringe. Thanks for the fun videos. Please take care of yourself

William Kendall said...

The cats are a delight.

Red said...

My third shot made me very fatigued for 2 0r 3 days.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Cats can fool you when you aren't looking. They are adorable, Your trail cam has captured some sweet cat tail (tale) moments.

Sorry to read about your covid numbers. Seems the Delta virus is declining and the Omacron has taken over in the states. Our numbers have never truly declined, even though we wished they would. Half our country is composed of antivaxers, so I can understand why we can't get rid of it. I am also sorry to read that you had a bad reaction to your booster. I didn't feel a thing when I got my shot (J & J single shot) and my booster. I have no idea why it affects some more than others. I hope you are better by Christmas, dear.

DrumMajor said...

Thanks for sharing the views from Kitty Cam. The bear pose is a hoot, but what does Cinn see out there? Linda in Kansas

Mae Travels said...

I'm confused by your statement about being in a bubble the Christmas before last because Christmas 2019 was before Covid hit the world. But I hope you'll have a great Christmas 2021 no matter how locked down.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

@Mae – our granddaughters alternated a week here and a week at their own home during 2020 and 2021. Their parents worked from home, and the girls (gr. 5 and 8 at the time), did virtual school. We were bubbled with them, and we all did pick up grocery orders. We had them a total of 35 weeks!

Lorrie said...

The rates of transmission are crazy! We will be having Christmas with family, just the ones we've been seeing and they are keeping things very tight. Wishing you and JB a very merry Christmas (and enjoy that ham!)