Friday 24 September 2021

Thursday drive to Lyndhurst

Thursday, September 16th

     "How about we go for a drive?" he said.

    "Sure! Where to?"

    "Spencerville?"

I had another idea, though. (You can tell, by the title of this post!) I saw a post by Laurie Weir, she went to Lyndhurst. We did Google maps, and found a route. What struck me was the swiftness of the seasonal changes. 


I love the signs of the changing seasons! Corn and changing leaves.

People work so hard on their gardens, and I love them.


Peaceful rivers...
Harvest time.

The vines impressed me.

I love this! Apparently, Lyndhurst has a turkey festival.

And the public dock...

The park is lovely! The following are all in this little spot. It's so pretty. We forgot we were here!



This, my outdoors photographer/writer friend tells me is a Northern Pike fingerling! It was adorable! 





From here, we took a bit of a walkabout. The plaid house!

We went into the Green Gecko. We've been here before, but we forgot! We went for a drive (May, 2017). 
We made some Christmas purchases, as well as two new outfits for me!

There is a park, with a lovely walk.



They have a lovely view of the river.




Horses for JB.

I love these rocks. I miss the ones in Muskoka. 




Why not pass on an uphill! The drivers were merciless.
I can't believe the amount of passing.
One tractor driver was killed on Saturday, Sept. 18th.

It is harvest time!




Old Kingston Road



9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You do find the places. I have now heard of Lyndhurst and looked it up to see where in the world it might be located. :)

Tom said...

...a great drive, I love the plaid house.

William Kendall said...

Pretty views along the drive.

DUTA said...

The right season and weather to go for a ride. Even the horses will agree to that.

Karen said...

Lovely drive. Is old Kingston Rd. now called Hwy 2?

Red said...

It's a great time of the year to get out especially when covid has locked us up.

RedPat said...

I have to look up Lyndhurst too. You had a good day.

The Furry Gnome said...

You look awfully young!

Gaelyn said...

Such a delightful drive. I long to see water.