Friday 10 September 2021

Autumn is peeking around the corner!

Kids went back to school on Tuesday in our school board. On Monday I changed up the decor. Frosty is getting long in the tooth (aren't we all?!), but I did my best. I've been told my someone that she drove her kids to school, they'd drive by my house and see what decorations I had up.



Isabelle and Josephine went back to school yesterday. Armed with several masks each, they were fine. Jos biked and Isabelle caught the bus.



We continue to entertain ourselves:  🐻SNUGGLE Bears 
And I'm a day behind!


I was up at 6 a.m. the other day. I looked up in the sky, and saw a big cloud (me?), chasing three little clouds (my 3 kids?!). By the time I fetched the camera, they had dissipated some. It was a brief moment. You'll have to picture it!


In the afternoon, the clouds rolled along. So pretty!

I could hear this plane! It was flying at 10,750 feet up!

We are entertaining ourselves watching Canadian tennis players. All children of immigrants, it was pointed out. Bianca Andreescu (Romania), Félix Auger-Aliassime (father from Togo), Denis Shapovalov (Russia),  Leylah Annie Fernandez (Ecuador & Filipino). It's so good that the big name millionaire tennis players and old farts are done. They young people are really stepping up and getting a chance. 

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It is amazing where our tennis players have come from, or at least their parents.

Tom said...

...there is no holding autumn back.

Breathtaking said...

Hello, it's good to know that it's safe for your children to go back to school, but it looks like you still have a lot of animal company,:=) the toys are really unusual, and cute.

I meant to mention in my last comment about the big C, I'm sorry to hear that your husband has it. My late husband had it for 12 years before his demise. I hope your husband has a good long and happy life.
All the best.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes, the young players coming through now are starting to truly make their mark - from the UK we have the bright young thing, Emily Raducanu. The name is a clue of cultural heritage, but Britain is glad to call her their own - 8-}

Thanks again for yesterday's post... my own digital legacy post is live now. YAM xx

RedPat said...

You must be missing the time with the girls.

William Kendall said...

A big change for the girls to be back in school.

The Furry Gnome said...

Be fun to watch Fernandez vs Raducanu in the final, amazing!

Pradeep Nair said...

Here in India, schools and colleges are just reopening. On-campus attendance is not mandatory. They can come to school with their parents' consent letters. Not many therefore are attending. And then there is the fear of the third wave.

I am too hooked on the Us Open. You are so right about the mixed heritage of these young players. I am looking forward to tonight's final between Leylah and Emma.

Kay said...

I'm glad they're going back to school protected.