Wednesday 22 September 2021

More chores, et al

Note the droop of the dashcam cord in the car. I figured out how to fix it. (This is from our trip to Canoe Lake Road.) I put a large straw between the cord and the opening. Voila!


The garden crew is here.


The orchid cactus will have lots of offshoots. The leaves are sitting in water to root.


The thistle is so pretty, with the seeds blowing in the wind.


The topper is off the swing, put away for winter.  The pillows are handy, just in case we want to sit out. It's been lovely and sunny, and we don't need the shade.

'The Point' is quite grown over. you can see where there used to be deep water. It's all evaporated, and the bulrushes grown over.


Goodbye Veggie Garden

This was a chore. I've been whittling away at it. I simply cannot dig up the weeds anymore. I borrowed the kids' churny thing but it was too much for it. I have given up. The critters eat all my plants, anyway. The groundhog ripped the plants out, or maybe Butch raccoon?
JB sanded it and painted it in May, 2012, done in July [in the garden and pond]. Even then, the wood was rotting.

All gone!


This little evergreen should grow leaves back, it was attacked by those dratted LDD worms. I transplanted it from the forest.


 JB found a baby snapping turtle on his walk in town, beside the river.


🐻SNUGGLE Bears

Monday, Sept. 20th – we had a federal election. There was a voter's list, a list of candidates, as well.


7 comments:

Tom said...

...the work never ends.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
What a lovely wander through the tasks and trees!!! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I walked through O-Kee-Lee yesterday. All of the swamp was dry.

I get you with gardening. It is so hard on the body now, particularly the back.

DUTA said...

Lovely picture of the baby turtle!

Linda said...

I only grow the odd tomato plant and a few herbs in large containers now. Adapting to my age and health.

William Kendall said...

I love that shot with the deer looking right at you, as if to say, "oh! Hello there. Don't mind us."

RedPat said...

You have such a large area to take care of.