Monday 27 September 2021

The Auction Pickup in Spencerville Part 1

 Back to sort of normal. There was an auction. It was a big one, with 1581 lots. It was a dealer who passed away in 2017, as well as some other lots. I expect his wife is now downsizing. (Fred Desabrais better know as Fred's Shed of Antiques and other consigners.)

It was a long few hours during the actual online auction. It opened at 7 p.m., and kept on going and going! It's all automatic, you bid, and it adds 2 minutes. I went to bed after a couple of hours, trusting the system. Here is one thing I bought, a Bocce Ball game. They are good at games. The rest of my loot is a secret until Josephine's birthday in December, and/or Christmas!


I watched a couple of items. I tried to bid on this clock, but I hadn't registered for the auction. I had forgotten! My mantle clock stops everytime we walk by, shaking the floor.

A porthole window?!

The swivel chair, upper right, first image (below), began at $500, and ended at $850. I know nothing about this stuff, but it was fascinating to watch. I hope they know what they are doing!


It was a lovely drive from home from Spencerville, where the auction house was holding their pickup this time. 

Trip to Spencerville

The odd tree is showing some colour.

This ivy was striking, on the old stone house.



North Augusta

There were lots of sunflowers!

Sweet gardens and fencing.

A chat by the side of the road. Hooray for small towns.




Throoptown


Spencerville



The main drag.

Note the two ATVs (above)! We saw them on our way searching for the culvert. By the time we finished my challenge (to find a culvert, more on that later), they were headed home from the bar.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I love Spencerville's brick houses!

Anvilcloud said...

That's a fair piece to go, but I think you like driving about.

Speaking of antiques, is Rideau Antiques still going strong?

Lorrie said...

I've never attended an online auction. The bocce ball game will be fun for the girls (and you). Small towns each have their own charm, don't they?

Jenn Jilks said...

We do like to get out and about, A/C.

Yes, Rideau Antiques is still going. I think Cliff had a heart attack and his daughter is helping out.

Nancy J said...

Online auctions are fun, but a bit stressful, The ship's porthole, love that. Beautiful brick and stone homes, built to last and made for cold winters.

Rain said...

Hi Jenn, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog last week, it meant a lot. ♥♥

Kay said...

That auction sounds like a lot of fun! I've never heard of an online auction before.

William Kendall said...

I like that clock.

Red said...

the online auction sounds interesting.

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Jeanie said...

I haven't been to an auction in ages. It sounds like fun -- and that you scored some good things!