Saturday 11 September 2021

Frogs, frogs, frogs!

 These are the goldfish pond froggies. They are quite happy to be in the water. It's been dry. The wetland no longer has puddles. The problem is that the pond is too shallow for overwintering for them. I shall wait for Autumn rains to fill the frogpond and shuffle them down. If you recall, The goldfishies are in!, I moved 20 to the frogpond from the goldfish pond in 2015. 


Above is leopard frogs, below a green frog. You can tell by the green chins.





They aren't the only frogs about. The back deck is habitat for three gray tree frogs. I thought they deserved attention, too. Too soon they'll be hibernating under the leaf and forest debris.

Out on the back deck, I pulled out the footrest on my Muskoka chair and found a friend. It's the young one. I can tell where they all go, as they poop wherever they are. This one pooped inside my cup holder. I did laugh. I put him up on the railing.



The middle-sized one was singing inside the BBQ base. It took me a few minutes to find it. This one chose to be green, they can change colour.



Here is the older, bigger adult. He is the busy one, which I measured last month.

For more critters: visit Saturday's Critters # 404.


11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The Leopard frog is cute, I like finding the frogs around our pond.
Cute series of frog photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment on my blog.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Loved this leapfrog post over the tennis one! I can't watch any of the open due to it being not free-to-air. YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have one that likes to get in the base of our BBQ grill too! And a tiny one gets into the window frame of the bedroom window and it's LOUD! You got some neat photos!

Tom said...

...you have some wonderful pictures, they are so fast for me.

RedPat said...

I do like your tree frogs!

Powell River Books said...

Our bullfrog tadpoles are starting to lose their tails. Saw a little guy sitting on one of our cabin float logs. I just finished painting a large rock into a frog for our front deck. - Margy

William Kendall said...

Good of them to pose for you.

Christine said...

Fun with frogs!

Kay said...

That sure is a cute frog. I don't remember the last time I've seen a frog around here.

Powell River Books said...

I've only seen a green tree frog at the cabin once. Other than that, they are all bullfrogs. They must be killing off the local native species near us. - Margy

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Great photos and I enjoyed reading about the frogs. I have green and tree frogs here and I do love finding the tiny ones too.