Saturday 8 May 2021

Careful, little chipmunk!

 This is our backyard. Under the deck, there are upended cement bricks upon which the deck was built. Chippies have nested in here. Can you see it peeking out?! 

It was a dreary day yesterday, and it is today. Lots of splatty rain, and a damp kinda cold. Judging by the radar, we're in for a lot more rain. We've had 15 mm (0.6"), and more to come. 


The rain began yesterday, just after our dinner. Nutmeg came indoors. Later, I was looking out the front window, and I saw Cinnamon on the brown bench, lower left in the photo. This is where the cats peer in, letting us know they want indoors. I walked over to look, and turns out it was Butch raccoon. Cinnamon was sitting below it on the cement, with a look of puzzlement on his face. He's such a gentle cat. Cinnamon was quite concerned. He came in for the night.

Butch took off. Can you spot him? 

I love the little face, and the little hands.  butch  


This crow  seems to have something stuck on its cheek. I've seen it before.  


It's a mystery. 

crow on deck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


🕷️TICKS 2021 <= we had 200 one year, you can see my data! Then, they invented a Rx for cats. Our numbers went way down.

Outdoors, it is tick season, again. We've ordered goop, but it's still not arrived at the vet clinic. 

Thanks, Eileen for hosting the party! Saturday's Critters # 386

14 comments:

DUTA said...

Great picture of the chipmunk! What a cutie!

Anvilcloud said...

I don't think I spotted Butch in the photo although there is one possible area where I see a bit of a shadow.

Shauna had planned to open the trailer today. I wonder if she will still bother in the rain.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The little chippers are so cute. I've never seen one here in Florida so maybe they aren't down this far South. Hope the sun shines on your weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is raining here today, feels cold too. What happened to Spring. Love your cute chipmunk.
The raccoon has made himself right at home in your yard. Great critters and cute kitty. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for the visit and comment on my blog.

Kathy G said...

Chipmunks are cute, but they can be pretty destructive.

Tom said...

...you captured the chipmunk beautifully.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sorry, A/C, Butch is just above the yellow in the butterfly!

Nancy J said...

Butch is so funny, peering there, The crow, is it something stuck out of his beak? Or the end of something he tried to eat? Hope the ticks are kept at bay, and the weather improves.

Adam Jones said...

That Chipmunk is really really cute.

RedPat said...

It was lovely here until about 1 pm and now it is lightly raining! I love seeing the chipmunk!

William Kendall said...

Raccoons can be fun to watch.

NatureFootstep said...

yes, I found him in the image :)

Kay said...

I had a tick stuck to my tummy when we were out camping when I was pregnant. It was not a happy thing.

Anu said...

Hello.
I enjoy watching your videos. Thank you for sharing.