Thursday 27 May 2021

Gramma Camp – continued...Week 30

Sunday afternoon, when we brought the kids here, Isabelle walked up the sidewalk and complimented me on my garden! It was so sweet. I stand on the shoulders of three gardeners, the previous owners of our home. 



I'd woken Josephine Tuesday morning, talked to her, and come back upstairs. I leaned over the railing 10 minutes later, and called 3 or 4 times. No reply. Apparently, they each had one mosquito in their bedrooms last night, and didn't get to sleep in good time.  I sent Izzy down to wake up Jos, again. Iz came back up and said she'd talked to her, then yodeled some, then threatened to get a small, annoying bell. Josephine declined! She promised she'd get up.


I taped the hole where the little ants were coming in. They have switched to coming in above the window frame. I need to get some caulk.


The gypsy moth caterpillars continue to morph. They were 4 mm, now 13 mm, and I found one hanging from a tree that was 18 mm, and you can see the red colour in it.

I found a clearwing moth on the lilacs.

Poor Butch and bugs !

This pair are so cute, way out in the forest. Butch x 2  
 


I've put a camera in the meadow. I think this is who took the squirrel carcass. coyote in the meadow  

 

Or this one! crow    


I noticed sparrow in the spruce tree. I wonder if it is the caterpillars? sparrows  

 


6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, those bugs! But it was fine out shooting the moon this morning in the cold. I think I could hear their teeth chattering in the cold.

William Kendall said...

Those raccoons are fun to watch.

Olga said...

Personally, I like the bigger critters better than the tiny ones.

Tom said...

...you have a lot of comings and goings in your nature preserve.

Cloudia said...

Treasure!

RedPat said...

It would be nice if the sparrows ate the caterpillars!