Saturday 15 May 2021

Saturday's critters

The flowers 

The critters continue to make me happy it is spring. The wood duck is in her nest. They are due to hatch soon.


The phoebe on hers. I tootled around doing the lawn while she was out. When I was done, she came back.


I noticed a sparrow checking out the bluebird nesting box! We'll see what happens.

The hummingbirds and rose-breasted grosbeaks have returned. (The house wren did not!)

Deer at the dock. deer at dock    


The crow was surprised by the duck. Hoppy Crow May 10 

 

I believe that the crows are still nesting in the pine tree. The one on the left. It's impossible to see it, as they nest hear the top, truly hidden. I've walked around the tree and cannot see anything.

The crows are as much predator as prey. The blue jays are wicked bad, as well. I haven't seen the crow with the stick sticking out of its face in a couple of days. crow  

 

There were three deer in the front yard. Momma and twins. She looks pregnant! 3 deer  


Butch is here frequently, even during the day. I found out why! She's a Momma Butch . 


Last year she had six kits🎥!

Thanks to Eileen for hosting lots of critters! 

Saturday's Critters # 387

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the hummer and Grosbeak, the deer on the dock with the wood duck is awesome.
Pretty flowers, it is neat seeing the duck eggs. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Your place is properly teeming with life! I love the deer eyeing up the duck's grain pot... YAM xx

Tom said...

...you have a bit of everything!

Anu said...

Hello.
I love hummingbirds. Beautiful photos and interesting videos.
Take care.

Olga said...

As always, i love to see your critters, but I have to say that picture of the hummingbird is a special treat.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat to see hummingbirds already! And you see the neatest animals with your trail cams! Happy weekend!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Nature is really alive and well where you are. New life is popping everywhere!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your videos on your trailcam. Deer are just so graceful, the crow is kind of jaunty.

Yvonne said...

Personally, I like it when the house wren doesn't return. They can be pretty vicious for a tiny bird. Saves my chickadees from being killed in the nest box. The videos are always interesting.

Nancy J said...

The startled crow!! And Momma Butch, hope she has some babies and you get to see the whole family.Between the Momma deer, the birds' eggs and Momma Butch, quite a maternity ward all over.

William Kendall said...

The deer are a delight to see.

Red said...

Lots going on in the spring. some of it doesn't last long so you have to see it when it happens.

DeniseinVA said...

Your critters would make me happy too. Enjoyed your photos and videos very much Jenn, thank you :)

Kay said...

That is just the teeniest egg. You certainly have so many creatures keeping you company.