Monday 24 May 2021

Did I tell you how bad the bugs are?!

OK, the bugs are REALLY bad this year! Here's JB in his walking outfit. Cinnamon gave him a bit of a glare. He tensed for fight or flight, and I told him who it was, so he calmed down! 

It's a long weekend here, Monday. What difference this makes, I don't know. We're still supposed to be in lockdown. 

March 4th, I had a real haircut. By May it was shaggy! My hair has bugged me. I went at it!!! 

The horse chestnut tree is in bloom, as well as lilacs. I love seeing the bumble bees around the blossoms. 

If you look closely, you can see the caterpillar webs of the gypsy moth larvae, on the top of the spruce tree.

Also, on the stuff I have hanging.

The bleeding hearts are in bloom, too.

Down in the forest, this little evergreen has been chewed by the deer and isn't all green anymore.


We've ants coming in the corner here. I'm not sure what to put in there. It's a teeny hole. We are usually invaded by ants in the spring, and I just spray some Raid outside, or behind the dishwasher, and into the outlets. Maybe just some tape?

I have little teeny cherry tomatoes! The leaves don't look very good. I think I overwatered it. I shall hold back.

I saw a great blue heron fly over the yard.

I've been watering. We anticipated rain Saturday, but only 0.76 mm fell from the skies.


The pop of colour is heartwarming! I'll leave you with these! 



14 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I remember dressing like that the one year we were at the cottage in spring. I am glad that we did it but never had the ambition to repeat.

DUTA said...

Bugs are bad everywhere, but I suppose in a rural place they can make life quite hard.
Your haircut looks OK to me in all three photos, but it's the subjective feeling that is important, and you believe it's time for a new haircut.
JB looks quite the 'walker' in his outfit.

Kathy G said...

Good job on the haircut!

Karen said...

I make an ant bait that has been very effective. Mix half a cup of icing sugar and half a cup of borax powder. Look for the highway and sprinkle it around. Keep in a well sealed jar. The ants haul this treat back to the den and it kills them off.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Crikey, wish I could ship some of our water... apparently May is shaping up to to be the wettest on record, unlike April which was the driest on record - and all I know is that I am very cold and it's nearly June... At least I don't have bug to contend with. YAM xx

Christine said...

Beautiful flowers! Great haircut! Sorry about the bugs, I have a few vicious bites myself.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The bugs don't seem to be too bad here just yet, but I will be out in the bush a little later, so I may change my mind! Lilacs are in bloom and the fragrance wafting over from my neighbour is quite wonderful. What a great time of year!

Tom said...

...it has been so long since we had rain that I've forgotten what it's like!

Nancy J said...

Colour in pink, then the bugs, and green everywhere. Looking like your days are getting so warm for all that growth to happenb.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful flowers. Sorry, we haven't noticed the bugs here.

William Kendall said...

We're seeing some bugs in the city, but not a lot.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Bugs not too bad here except for too many ticks. The lack of rain is keeping mosquitoes down so far. Meanwhile I am worried about how dry the land is becoming .

Red said...

Ontario seems to have a big bug problem this spring as others are complaining about the same thing.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Bad bugs! Especially the gypsy moths in the post above -=- awful. Beautiful flowers, you had to work hard to get those beautiful rhododendrons! Congratulations. I hope things get better soon relative t o Covid.