Friday 14 May 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 29

What a beautiful day it was! Sunny and warm. Our routines are pretty set.  While the girls worked, I did some chores.

Lunch was leftover spaghetti. The gift that keeps on giving! One ate on the front deck, the other out back in my Muskoka Chair.


We rescued Isabelle's frisby with the roof rake and ladder. She handed me the roof rake, and I dragged it on down.

Izzy touched the roof rake down on the lawn. 

Afternoon walkies to fetch the trailcam. The little spring peepers are swimming merrily as tadpoles. The girls decided the mosquitos were too bad to go check out the lady slippers, which I'd found. I'll have to remember to keep checking on them. (I don't always!)


Grampa rewarded us with minion popsicles. He had to go to two stores, as the first didn't have the new stock for the season. 

It is officially  spring. The two-week forecast shows it above zero. I figured we were good to go. We popped the goldfish into the goldfish pond. 


After school, they watched some funny videos on the swing bench. 

We chose pizza for dinner. A good time had by all. Gramma ordered it. Grampa drove in and picked it up. 

7 comments:

Tom said...

...a roof rake can come in handy!

RedPat said...

Grampa is a good picker-upper!

Nancy J said...

Suddenly the girls are not in winter gear and warm jackets, and the goldfish are outside. Here, heavy rain, a slight frost on Friday morning, and the NEWS, cataract surgery is Thursday 20th May. Hooray!!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The girls are lucky to be at this camp! (But so are you two camp leaders). Interesting to read about how virtual school is going and how both girls are working to keep in touch with friends during the everlasting lockdown.

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I have had spaghetti.

Anvilcloud said...

It was pretty nice. I got a little hot on my walk. In summer at 23C, I would be wearing shorts, but I wasn't quite ready in my mind for the warmth.

Kay said...

That is the tiniest frisbee I've ever seen. You are just the BEST Gramma and Grandpa ever! I wish I had one of those popsicles.