Tuesday 18 May 2021

Outdoor play!

I figured out why the water fountain was so weakly spewing. I had to take the whole thing apart. The hose was twisted inside it. Then I had to repeat the process, as it had much debris in the intake. It took about 90 minutes or so, although I took a break. 

A sticky story. I'd taken out my reptile tweezers, a small and extra-small dowel, as well as my metal nail file, to remove the debris from the water fountain pump (see above). 

The job done, I grabbed my tools, and did a walk around the pine tree looking for the crow's nest. By the time I made it back to the deck, all I had were the reptile tweezers.




I sought JB's help, and we walked around the tree. We walked around and around. I told JB, "You're barking up the wrong tree!" HAH!


Thing is, there are so many sticks, that you keep doing an AHA, but a stick is just sometimes a stick!

 

We'll see if they show up. Maybe when I am doing the lawn after the devil's paintbrush bloom.

I went down to catch the lady slippers. I counted NINE! Rabbit likes tender shoots, and one was 'trimmed!'
This one should bloom nicely!

The area on the left, below, is where I found lady slippers. No where else that I can see on our 16 acres. 
Our work done, I called Cinnamon, and he came rushing towards me, then launched himself up a tree.

Another puzzle. This is the pump for the goldfish tank. I clean it monthly, and once a year I clean the tubes and all, when the fish are outdoors. The trick is to reassemble it, ready to go in the fall. Otherwise, I forget all the pieces that go together! Goldfish are big poopers and they need a strong pump.

I'm down to 5 goldfish. I cannot access any more. I phoned around last year, and no one had any stock. It's not an essential service, I suppose! This photo was in 2019! 

The trailcam gives me much pleasure. Here's Momma Butch. She's quite blond!

One of the crows had a stick stuck in its cheek. I've not seen it on the trailcam since. I wonder what happened. 


BTW
I spotted Oregano, a feral cat, a couple of days ago. It was about 6:30 p.m. and I knew our cats were in. He took off like a bat outta hell! 

11 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jenn :-) Thanks for stopping by .. I created my post in the dead of exhaustion(from garden chores !) so it is a miracle anything I typed made any sense !
I would recommend those tulips completely .. but the test is, do they come back well next Spring .. I have been disappointed so many times.
I love your place ... all those ponds and all of those creatures .. in the midst of nature and to find Lady Slipper ? is like the chest of gold from a treasure hunt indeed !
Enjoy it all and be safe and well !

Anvilcloud said...

I hope the fish enjoy their season in the pond.

William Kendall said...

A whole lot of work to be done.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...any chance the fish will self-propagate?! YAM xx

Gaelyn said...

I love walking around your yard. Funny that goldfish/carp are so hard to come by.

Tom said...

...you sure are the kit it gal.

RedPat said...

You are an inspiration the way you fix things! ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Shame you cannot get any more fish ...

All the best Jan

Red said...

I have a few things that I've lost in the yard. I'm afraid they're gone for good.

William Kendall said...

That was a lot of work to get sorted.

Nancy J said...

I lost a small vege knife somewhere years ago, and I dreaded the day Hugh would get it in the mower tyre.However that didn't happen. Butch is a beauty. Hope Oregano comes again. News update, Cataract surgery has been confirmed for Thursday 20th. Hooray.