Saturday 29 May 2021

Where did May go?

The rain we'd hoped for passed us by. It was so disappointing. Overnight temperatures are so low, it was only 2 C. when I first got up. Southwestern Ontario had snow, which would have been fine, as it melted for most. We've got to have some rain for crops. So many veggies are in the ground. We've had local asparagus, and the strawberries are well on their way.

In a normal year, it'd be nice to see the tulips at Dow's lake. This was 2003!




The critters are still doing critter things. I know the geese have hatched, as well as the ducklings. None here, but lots from Bala photos. This one is my favourite! My SIL recovered thousands of my old photos for me. These are the geese who used to visit us on Long Lake, on the Whale's Back rock. 



The bees are busy.

The meadow trailcam showed my the coyote, bat, and Butch. in the meadow  

 

The crows are still in their tree nest. I frequently see them in the meadows📹, looking for grub. I love their little waddle, as they amble through the grass. You can see the difference between the two trailcams. The quality is obvious, between the two camera, a difference in cost of about $100. Crow May 26 & 27 

   

We had a crow in my schoolyard, back in the 60s, Cottingham Public School in Toronto. It only had one foot. It was quite friendly with all of us kids.

Butch was in the backyard yesterday. 

 There was a Doe on the far trailcam, with something wrong with her skin. We'll have to watch for her. I saw a fawn last week. They haven't been around, since the bugs are so bad. I don't think I've seen one in the yard for weeks.

 

For more critters:  Saturday's Critters # 389

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I always enjoy your deer videos, they are so sweet. The tulips are beautiful.
Love the shot of the bee on the flowers. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for your visit and comment on my blog.

Saun said...

Love your videos! I have a trail cam too mine suddenly quit working so aggravating. I’ve only had it for 6 months . Have a great weekend !

Saun in Ohio

Penelope Notes said...

What a super peaceful video of the deer in the forest. It felt like spying but in a very nice way. Thanks for sharing your world.

RedPat said...

We had rain all day yesterday. I had several plants that didn't like the cold last night and I may have lost a few sweet potato vines, morning glories and basil. I will cover things tonight.

Tom said...

...it beats me, it happens every year.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The deer flys are the worse I've ever seen them this year...or been bitten by them! Love seeing you looking so pretty with your cute sun dress!

William Kendall said...

I saw a butch last night. Talked to it, and it looked at me like I was nuts.

Red said...

You find lots to keep you busy.

Karen said...

I look forward to your critter videos!

Kay said...

Oh my! You do capture the most amazing wildlife. Indeed, where did May go? Are we really nearing the half way point to 2021? Good gosh!

Anu said...

Hello.
Interesting and lovely post and videos. Hopefully that doe has nothing serious on the skin and it will heal soon.
Take care.

Anvilcloud said...

Supposedly 2C this morning, which is good enough to have missed the frost after we planted our annuals yesterday.