Wednesday 24 March 2021

Tuesday was brilliant!

Warm, sunny. Everyone was outside. I have some spring ditch diving to do. I like to do it after a below zero night, and prior to rain. That way I don't sink into the mud. I believe I blew it! We've a major rainstorm on the way, and it warmed up too fast. This compares the 23rd and today, the 24th.


I did set up the 2nd water barrel, knowing we were getting some rain. Nutmeg chose not to help. She had stuff to do.


Look at the daffies coming up!

Everyone was out and about!

I hauled out my tripod, parked myself on the deck, and watched the birds. There were about 30 redpolls still here. Soon they will return north to breed. I am surprised they are still her. Please, mind you!




I cannot neglect our regular visitors. 




A tree sparrow

The bird feeder attracted a total of 4 honey bees Mar 23. It was bizarre! Of course, we've no flowers. One managed to get itself stuck in the globe feeder. I removed the top cover to allow it to escape. 
 


Poor old Zola Mar 22, I moved the trail camera and got another angle. I noticed her ear has some damage, as well as her broken leg. I've been so focused on her ankle, that I missed this.

 

17 comments:

RedPat said...

Lots of creatures! I saw some butterflies on Monday!

Tom said...

...yesterday was gorgeous here, I got my garden tilled!

Anvilcloud said...

The weather has been a treat. Back to more usual weather for the weekend and early next week.

Lorrie said...

Being outside on a warm-ish spring day is irresistible. I find it hard to come indoors again. It's a rainy morning here, but this system should blow through by the afternoon. Hope yours does, too.

Nancy J said...

What a delight to see all that blue sky, and everyone enjoying the warmer days.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That deer standing there chewing its cud while its ears are on high alert. I love it.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
You shouldn't be fooled by my 'views' this week - they were archival from a few summers ago!!! Our daffies out back haven't show yet and usually they are bright by mid march. We did just have a flurry of sleet just now and the temps are back down around zero. So I guess I'll keep waiting! YAM xx

Yvonne said...

Must be hard on the bees so early in the season. Nutmeg's a smart little kitty :) So many pretty bird photos, but I would like to know what it is you do when ditch diving.

Karen said...

Poor Zola. Don't you have another deer with an injury?

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful signs of Spring ~ great 'feathered friends' photos and deer is sweet ~ glad you were able help the bees ~ Great post ! Xo to Nutmeg.

Living moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Red said...

You're smart to sit on your deck and let the birds go by.

William Kendall said...

The blue jay really stands out.

Kay said...

Aren’t the honeybees worried about becoming a snack for the birds? You have so many pretty birds welcoming spring.

Angie said...

Jenn - great job with your tripod and bird photos! Love the blue jay!

Gaelyn said...

You crack me up. Love all the wildlife and birds in your yard. Looks more like spring than here in the desert. I miss daffies.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
what a nice day. love the birds and photos. The Redpoll is one of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day!

NatureFootstep said...

yes, a great day :)