Monday 22 March 2021

Last vestiges of winter

 Friday, March 19

Spring is unfolding. The geese flew over in the morning📹. It was lovely! Jos wanted her soup on the front deck. It was steaming!




As with everything, Vimeo has changed up its working pages. I'm on it, though. Old dog, new tricks! Oregano was back, Mar. 20, 4 a.m. We've FOUR turkeys now. turkey deer 1  

 


Amazingly enough, we had a little Bunny Mar 20 visit. My question is, why do they all use the sidewalk to come to the feeder??!!


Porcupine was back. It came through at 1 a.m. and back from whence it came at 4! I enjoy seeing who has come through this path. It's good exercise to go down to the forest and wetland. porcupine Mar 20 
  

 

Zola is still hanging in.

Nutmeg nabbed herself a vole📹. I threw it under the feeders. Something would snap it up. Indeed, it was gone in a few hours. In the afternoon, I saw a vulture fly right over my head. Their sense of smell is amazing.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...I alway enjoying the last vestiges of winter.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
You don't need to go to Australia - you have your own private zoo!!! YAM xx

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i sure hope it will be a great SPRING for us all. i look forward to it so so much. i am ready to get to working outdoors. the temps have been kind of strange lately. not the normal kind of March weather??! take care. ( ;

Kathy G said...

That's a lovely photo of the two girls enjoying their soup.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jenn, I am caught up on your posts. I usually leave your blog for my nightime reading on the ipad in bed. Twice I tried to leave comments but it thought I should log into wordpress to publish them. I've no idea if you saw those or not. Meanwhile, you two are wonderful grandparents. As always love to see the critters out your way. No red winged blackbirds here but redpolls in high numbers. Isn't it great how quickly spring is arriving...hope I'm not jinxing it to say that. LOL

Lowcarb team member said...

Soup on the front deck makes it taste extra yummy!

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Those porcupines must be exclusively nocturnal.