Monday 15 March 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 25

 Things are humming along. I continue to spread cream on someone's sore neck. We're still working on that. My physiotherapist suggested a cooking spatula, and it works really well!

I am happy to say that I have shown some discipline. A year ago, well, we all know what happened. I am adjusting and settling down some, now that our healthcare needs are being met. I've lost 1.3 kg. Spring is coming and I am hopeful.

The cats are happy with the melt. So was Butch.  There have been three under the bird feeder🎥! Also, the motorcycles🎥. 

Cinnamon was hunting mice under the snow. He can hear them, but with the thaw and refreeze, cannot get to them. The crust is hard.

Here we go again! 


We've bubbled all along. Despite our Lanark numbers being up, we've been really safe. These anti-maskers are such dipsticks. Who does it hurt? It's made us feel safe and protected. With an Ontario population of 14.7 million, we will happily await our turn with much hope. It will lessen symptoms, should we contract COVID–19. That said, nearby Smiths Falls hockey teams have been suspended for not following protocols. Most people in town are following protocols. 

In preparation for our girls, I did some vacuuming. I had to cut the hair off the beater brush on the vacuum. Grampa is so to blame! Isn't he?!

 I did an online grocery order for pick up. JB picked it up. He hasn't shopped in awhile, what with his bad arm. It was a big order. I asked for boxes, but they were out. My only mistake? The ham is too small. Not so bad, though. I did well with the order. Not like last time when I accidentally bought a flat of canned mushrooms rather than one can! JB did a quick trip in for a larger one.

And, with great excitement, they arrived 🎥.It's been a year since we had the girls off and on. All the kids were here Saturday night. We decided on ham, steamed broccoli, roasted carrots (JL), home made buns (Caitlin), and a veggie tray (Isabelle). Izzy used the spiralizer.


Isabelle's oldish iPad had nearly died. It wasn't loading apps. Apps that ran the night before, refused to load. I suggested, with a nod and a wink, that she spill water on it. Grampa and JL went into town to get a new one. 

Sunday morning, there were pretty skies. Then, the snow rolled in. Just a skiff, and all gone in the sun. The clouds to the northeast were so pretty.


I prepared a menu for the rest of the week (blue), posted it to our family iPhotos folder for approval, and Jos translated it for the chalkboard:


Sunday morning we (meaning JB) changed most of the clocks. 

There was a drone flight. It took time, however. This was a present for her birthday, last May. We located the battery. We recharged its battery. Izzy tried it out. Came back in for gloves. Went out. Came back in to find the manual. Went back out. Came back in. The wind is too wicked! There were power outages in Ontario yesterday.
 

Izzy helped me tie up cardboard for recycle. Grampa cannot do it with his sore arm. It was COLD! What a trooper. 

Butch x 3 was cleaning up under the bird feeder, when I went to bed at 10. Oregano turned up at 9 p.m., unbeknownst to me, until I checked the footage. We've been putting the cheap, dry cat food outside for Oregano. 

This is funny! Oregano turned up. But so did Butch. Oregano is on the stairs watching the raccoon eat his dinner. One of our cats is watching from the window beside the front door.


7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's quite a grocery load. Our regular pickup will be tomorrow. Shauna picks up a few odds and ends on the weekend if we need them.

Tom said...

...I've seen tv ads for voltaren, does it work?

Nancy J said...

Well, Oregano is turning up earlier, maybe the time change shows him at a different time, and stealing HIS food, howe dare another critter come so close, he says.New iPad, great idea .

RedPat said...

You have a busy place!

Kay said...

Oh my! Mice under the ice?
That's a lot of hair on the vacuum brush. Since we all have short hair we don't have that problem here. However, when my daughter and granddaughter are here it's a different story.

Lowcarb team member said...

So lovely to see all of your fun photographs.
Food looks and sounds delicious.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon must be dismayed.