Thursday 18 March 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 25 Wednesday

 

7:32 a.m. – I was sitting blogging, when someone roared down the hall! She found her surprises on her placemat, then offered to wake Josee up.

7:45 a.m. – Josephine still wasn't up. Grampa cheekily suggested, "IF she doesn't get up now, soon it'll be Easter!

Grampa began this joke a few weeks ago, "If you don't do your teeth Momma will rip my head off!" The joke evolved. 

8:01 – Isabelle to Grampa, "Where's your head?" She ushered herself downstairs to do her teeth. 

8:15 – Josephine to Grampa, "Your head is still attached, Grampa!" Off SHE went to do her teeth!

Isabelle lost her tooth. Her last baby molar. The tooth fairy was consulted in the evening, and we decided to put something under the pillow. Apparently, $2 is the going rate! (I put down $3!) In the morning we talked about the tooth, and I asked if the tooth fairy had been. Yes. "Look, I have a tip!" It had not been loose, she said. She's lost three this month. 


I went down to fetch the memory cards. Perhaps for the last time, I stood on the ice. The dock is ready for spring, as are we all. We had rain Wednesday night. About 2.5 mm.

Outdoor play.


Josee's bed was deflating overnight, every night. The mattress is two years old, at least. This popped up on Facebook!

Grampa went to the store for her! Vanna White did an explanation... built-in air pump, just plug it in, plus a nice memory foam topper. 



Grampa did a dinner show.  He played The Unicorn song. We all chimed in for the chorus.



 Green cupcakes were the treat.


It's warmed up overnight. 


Our health unit has reported an increase in COVID–19 cases. The health unit is working with Perth Curling Club. There has been inconsistent use of masks and social distancing (Mar. 5 - 12th). They are limiting activity in indoor sports venues, large halls, places of worship, and clubs. Lanark West went from 8 cases in the beginning of March to 51 Wednesday.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...so grampa is a wannabe comedian?

William Kendall said...

If people aren't going to follow the rules, we're never going to get out of this bloody pandemic.

Nancy J said...

He is a comic for sure. Love the greens .

Karen said...

I'm so glad Renfrew Co. has dropped off again, but as we all well know, that can turn on a dime. I hear Ottawa is going back into RED tonight at midnight.
I saw an employee in the grocery store parking lot coughing and hacking up a storm. I found a new bottle of sanitizer in the glove box and rub myself down! I was quite a distance from him but who knows what he had touched in the store. (I think he was leaving work.)

RedPat said...

The numbers are getting scary again1