Monday 29 March 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 26

 

They are back. It's a short week, though. Good Friday, Easter Monday, March Break, then a PD day this month.

Grampa picked the girls up at the hostage exchange point. We had a quiet afternoon. I meant to take a photo of dinner: ribs, potpie, roasted carrots and broccoli. I forgot, between taking it out of the oven, and calling the troops. So many people create amazing meals and feature them on their blogs, and I was proud of myself. You'll have to imagine it!

Bedtime, I went in, "Teeth and jammies, Iz." She does her teeth in the basement bathroom. She'd forgotten that Grampa had already reminded her and she'd done them. She roared back upstairs, giggling.

Another crisis, her nightlight wasn't on the correct setting. Fixed that. Then, Cinnamon was roaring around under her bed. Sigh.  I closed her door. 

The cats were happy to see them. Cinnamon went downstairs to sleep on the bed with Josephine!

And now, our critters...

Poor old Butch  . He knows there is food up there!


I'm wondering if this doe  is pregnant?! They show up in May with fawns. I videotaped one a number of years ago. You could see the fetus kicking her sides! (I can't find it, though!)

  

 

I love our Porcupine Mar 26 . It's a regular visitor. I hope it's not boring you! I like tracking their visits.

 

The coyote mar 27  was back, twice! I amalgamated them into one video. He pooped right in front of the camera, if you watch to the end. Little twerp!


And, last, but not least, the fisher   roared by.


Sunday promised more rain. You can see Ottawa through a hole in the predicted rainfall. I was dubious, however. We ended up with 11 mm. This morning, we are at -1 C.  and putting out the garbage was a tad chilly.

We are having another surge of COVID–19 in Ontario. Our local surge was due to a curling bonspiel, which spread to locals, families, and then schools. It is such a shame that people either don't care or don't believe we've a pandemic.


Caitlin continues to beat me at Scrabble! It's a fun long-distance parallel play!


10 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you will have a GREAT week at camp!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Hubby and I played scrabble last night, he won. Great videos, enjoy the family time.
Take care, have a happy day!

Christine said...

Yay for Gramma camp. I used to enjoy Scrabble.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

My you have lots of animals hanging around. I really enjoy your videos from the trail cams

RedPat said...

I should pull out the Scrabble board! Have a fun week!

Karen said...

Renfrew Co. has had an untick to about 40. Health Unit is saying it is people who work out of the county in health care, bringing it to their families and community contact! We might get hit with a change of status before the weekend too.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Love the coyote photo!

Anvilcloud said...

Have a good week. Decent weather forecast for Tuesday.

The Liberty Belle said...

That dinner sure sounds good! I've been craving a homemade pot pie I like mine loaded with veggies. That was a rather rude gesture by the coyote. Have a wonderful week.

William Kendall said...

I find the porcupine fscinating.