Tuesday 23 March 2021

Friday Walkies

 Friday, Cinnamon and I found two spots with coyote scat. You can tell, as there is much fur in it.


Sure enough, the coyote is on the trailcam! I chucked the bones out from our rib dinner. Coyote Mar 21 


The forest is glorious, with lots of places where the snow has melted. 

I asked Cinnamon  for help looking for an owl pellet, seeing the white stuff (mute), but he was not helpful and I didn't find one. With the snow gone, it's nice evidence of who is in the forest.
We made it to "The Point." Why oh why he wanted to go on the ice is beyond me! It melts from the shoreline to the centre. 

 It was lovely in the sunshine. The trees hold in the warmth of the sun. The fresh air. I went out on the ice while waiting for Cinnamon to return. He just walked into the wetland, across the ice. This is the point from the point of view of the wetland. I was waiting a goodly amount of time for him. I began to get worried. 

This old tree had fallen many years ago. Another tree leaned up and grew over it.



The snow hasn't even melted on the wetland, let alone the ice underneath. It'll be awhile yet.  

I stayed here, marvelling at the sound of the woodpecker  (0.18 sec. in) as it looked for bugs. I did a 360˚ turn, in case you want a sense of the place. Our wetlands are so important to the ecosystem. There are so many critters that depend upon it. Soon, we'll be doing the western chorus frog surveys [Frog hunting]. Likely mid-April.


He went onto the ice, off in the wetland. I kept calling, as he called to me on his way out.  Cinnamon in the wetland 


Today, we anticipate going up to 17˚ C. I've been getting some outdoor chores done. This week I'll change up my decor to yellow for Easter! 

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We went to Arnprior yesterday. There is still quite bit of ice on the Ottawa River. Nothing to speak of on our section of the Mississippi, except down toward hwy 2 and onto the lake.

Tom said...

...we sure live in a wildlife sanctuary!

RedPat said...

There is always action of some kind at your place!

Cloudia said...

I glory in your sunshine and the sounds of the woodpecker. Fun to see the coyote, Jenn

William Kendall said...

Spring is making itself known.

Kay said...

Ahhh... So Cinnamon is walking on water.

Lady Fi said...

Wow! 17 C! That is warm!