Wednesday 17 March 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 25 Tuesday

Monday's dinner show: St. Patrick's Day's Eve Eve

  • Here comes Patrick O'Cottontail
  • Hoppin' down the chicken trail
  • Hippity Hoppin' before St. Patrick's Day

  • Bringin' every girl and boy
  • Baskets full of Irish joy
  • Things to make this eve a fave--- 

Grampa chose to do this on Monday, since Tuesday Isabelle has a Girl Guide virtual meet. They are making a craft together.

Monday night, I realized that floppy fish was in the hallway. Everytime a cat went down the hall, they'd take a whack at it. It could have been funny!

Floppy fish📹
Grampa put on an excellent performance. 


[To 👀 view | part 2 📹 |  part 3 📹 ] 

Tuesday March 16

I went downstairs to wake Josephine. Stoking the fire, to get some warmth, the day had begun. It was -11 C. Josee is sleeping on the air mattress in the basement. Caitlin found the last air hole prior to Christmas. Jos looked and listened on Monday, trying to find the new hole. She could not. I woke her up, put my foot on the bottom of the bed, and it is deflating. 

        I said, "This is a pretty bad motel, isn't it?! Your bed is falling down.

        "Well, the staff are amazing!" she assured me.

I admit to distracting Josephine, at the dining room table doing virtual school, but there were deer sitting in the backyard, momma chewing her cud. I said that they have 2 (?) stomachs, cows have 4. Jos looked it up, quickly. Cows and deer have 4! During the morning, we had deer friends.

Grampa offered Subway sandwiches for lunch. "Yes, please!" He also checked the flyers and a hardware store has the queen-sized mattresses for sale. He'll do 3 errands and come home. He assures me. His arm might be on the mend.

Josee's 2nd period teacher is off and they couldn't find a replacement. Jos worked on her own, on the math, of course! She took a break, and told Siri to set an alarm for 10 minutes. What a good girl! "OK, Meggie, you can go out, but only if you give me a kiss!" She did the same to Cinnamon!

Jos was searching for an artist to mimic for art. She looked at Jason Pollock, then I suggested Maude Lewis, but she settled on Franz Kline.

I watched the birds, tripod and all. From the indoors! Can you spot the FIVE red-winged blackbirds??!!







The afternoon activity was tree climbing. Back indoors for asynchronous learning. Learning done, Jos, Izzy and I played SKIP-BO. Jos won. 

Happily, Zola turned up. Grampa was given special dispensation to miss the beginning of dinner and feed his woebegone deer. 



In December our health unit had 21 active COVID–19 cases. Tuesday, Ottawa is going into orange, we are in yellow. 

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I read that Ottawa is going Red.

Tom said...

...I hope that all the campers stay warm and well.

RedPat said...

Someone is a real math fan! Love how safe the deer feel at your place.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It can be easy to think that 'naive' artists such as Maude Lewis, or Lowry, can be mimicked - but actually, it's quite difficult! Kline's work has a lot of depth and dimension so it will be interesting to see how this challenge is met. It is intriguing to me that these days, creative pursuits are often taught by the copying of existing styles - my sister has had to follow and emulate three fibre artists - which involved contacting them for permissions and all sorts of hoops.

Those deer are getting far too comfortable on the 'Perth Acres'!!! Adorable. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

The deer are quite at home at your place.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

How lovely to have deer sitting in your backyard. I saw a glimpse of one one in a local wood recently, the first time I've seen one there.

DeniseinVA said...

Great post, videos and photos. Love that Grandpa has such a wonderful sense of humor. Your deer have sweet faces. I would find them so relaxing to watch.

Red said...

Awesome photo of the two fawns.

Angie said...

Jenn - your camps are so amusing! Can I come?