Wednesday 31 March 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 26

 Monday night, we adults were sitting watching our shows, with Cinnamon on my lap. I hugged him and said we had to tuck Josephine in. Down we went. Safely tucked in, Cinnamon stayed on the bed with Jos. This is an oldish photo, but happy boy, he is. Isabelle is sleeping in her office!


Tuesday Morning

I slept in. Grampa woke me up at 7:30. I was awake for a couple of hours at bedtime. Speaking of being late... Then, when the school bus was ready to leave, Isabelle was sitting on the throne reading! She missed the bus! She was only late by a minute! 

All this is keeping me busy. It's a good tired. I'm down 2.1 kg.

9:55 a.m. – I came upstairs after my workout and checked in on my students. I had to print off a worksheet for Josephine, she sends it to me in message as I cannot get her laptop to print from our wireless printer. Pythagorean Theorem! These are worksheets found online


I wonder, in all the new curriculum, and new plans for the Ministry to allow for permanent remote learning through TVOntario (what could go wrong?!), how well they supervise the curriculum. When I taught, we had to put together a full year's plan, when learning outcomes would be covered, what resources we used had to be on the Circular 14 list. This seems to be haphazard, now. The ministry is throwing these things out, leaking them, perhaps:

Anyway, I toddled down the hall to Isabelle's office, "You good?" 

    "Yep, algebra!"

    "OOh, I love algebra! Can I do your work for you?"

    "Nope, I love algebra." 

Wood frogs

Jos and I went down to the trailcam. We saw the wood frogs. This is the earliest I remember seeing them.


They were quite vocal! Wood frogs Mar 30  



After that, we disdecorated for March, and put up yellow ribbons for April. Isabelle chose to climb her tree. She said is was a bit scary, but more exciting, since the wind was blowing her around up in the pine tree!


Our area has a three-year-old lost on Canoe Lake Rd., we've driven there many times [Apr. 7th => Canoe Lake Rd.]. It's forested, with poor phone signals. There is a fishing camp, and he'd wandered off. It reminds me to enjoy each day. It could get worse. The OPP have drones, heat sensing equipment, and canine sniffers. Volunteers are showing up, unwanted, blocking the roads and leading the dogs in the wrong direction. 


Hold your children close.

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Oh dear. Hoping for the child.

Tom said...

...my work ]out has been working in the yard, I'm bushed!

RedPat said...

You will miss these Gramma days when we get back to normal.

Out To Pasture said...

I kind of enjoyed algebra myself. Sad that the three-year old is still missing. Reminded me of the little boy that disappeared in the Madawaska region decades ago now.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully the child is found safely.

Cloudia said...

You are a beacon in the wilderness.

bread&salt said...

Grandparents are always wake up early. When i was a child, my grandmom and i went to her garden to get fresh vegetables. She passed a way. Miss her so much. Bye the way Pictures are beautiful. Happy spring. Greetings from Turkey.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh... I hated algebra. I hated math. But by golly, my 1st grade students thought I loved it. I married an engineer to make up for anything math that I didn't understand. Both my kids are good at math. Thank goodness!

I hope they found that child. That is just the scariest thing. I feel so awful for the parents.