Thursday 11 March 2021

Cinnamon rolls

 I love our Cinnamon. He is such a hoot. He lives for his walkies. He's so happy with the warmer weather, too. He defers to Nutmeg, she is the alpha. We miss our Daisy and Annabelle, but they have done well being rehomed. Cat aggression has torn us apart. We are healing. JB misses his Annabelle, who would snuggle so much. 

Back to Cinnamon. He led me down to the backyard. 

There were lots of tracks, I've reset two trailcams here. We'll see what turns up. Meantime, there were good smells. Cinn decided to mush the wee aspen tree, which the deer have chopped off in their winter hunger.


Off we went, back towards the house. Such a beautiful blue sky! I looked back, and hee he comes. "Wait for meeeee!"

In the evening sunset, he took a wee trip to the back 40. I filmed from the back deck. Cinnamon backyard 1

 

  

I caught him on the trailcam, on the same trip. Cinnamon backyard 2

 

  Feral Oregano appeared on the trailcam, as did Nutmeg! Click if you want to see him.


Down at the edge of the wetland, he was madly sniffing. The hares come to the spots where the sun has warmed the trees and the grasses will grow first.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...oh, I thought that this was about yummy cinnamon rolls!

Anvilcloud said...

Oddly enough, I have been hankering for cinnamon rolls lately. Not quite this kind though.

Nancy J said...

You will be so happy to see some snow melt, your cats love the snow and the great outdoors. A paradise for them all, wild and tame, even for Oregano who is surely making a lot of visits.

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon definitely likes making the rounds.

RedPat said...

All of your creatures will be happy to see the end of the snow!

Lowcarb team member said...

I must admit when I saw the post title I was thinking of edible cinnamon rolls. LOL!

All the best Jan

Olga said...

Your world is certainly busy. I think you have the most social cats I have ever heard about.

eileeninmd said...

Ha, I thought you were making homemade cinnamon rolls.
Take care! Have a great day and a happy weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Great nature shots of all your critters ~ Hope hubby is doing well and you both recovered from trip to hospital ~ driving can be stressful plus rain doesn't help ~ Happy relaxing weekend to you ~

Living moment to moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)