Tuesday 24 December 2019

Wetland walkies: forest bathing

A warm, above zero, sunny day! The one feeder is caked in ice from the rain/snow day we had. It is melting, thankfully.



The sunshine shows me where I ought to clean the window.



The wetland is glorious. I decided to toddle on down to the island. It's an outcropping of higher land in the middle of the wet. It's a travel lane for the critters who are navigating their way across their habitat, the 'wetland' being quite solid and frozen. I like forest bathing!



I crossed back over to the mainland. Isn't it beautiful?



I thought I'd take another route, you can see where the sun has melted the edges of the ice. It's still quite solid, though. Honestly, Jean!



Not at the edges, where the sun's warmth is absorbed by the forest.

8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Perfect post for Christmas Eve!!! YAM xx

Lea said...

Merry Christmas!

Nancy J said...

Christmas Morning down here, all is quiet at 6.22 a.m. Love the dappled light among the trees, so beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve.XXX to you both.

RedPat said...

Merry Christmas to you both!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks very Christmassy with all the snow.

Rain said...

Beautiful photos Jenn. We had mild weather here yesterday and it melted a lot of the snow, but it's still hanging on for dear life lol...Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!!! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy seeing these photographs.
Merry Christmas Wishes to you and yours.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Lovely views!