Monday 2 December 2019

It's still snowing!

I usually begin the day to see how much Caitlin or Tom have beaten me on Angry Birds! At these temperatures, you want to wait for the day to warm up a tad.





A storm was on its way. Freezing rain in Toronto, and around the Gold Horseshoe.  The Golden Horseshoe is the area from Toronto through Mississauga and around to Niagara Falls. Most of Ontarians live around here, about 8 million people.


I could see the mess on the radar, as well as thousands of power outages.


There was a 30-car pileup on the highway east of Kingston. The highway was closed and just opened an hour ago (5:30). One person is dead and 16 went to hospital. Another woman dead in Niagara. 
About 500 crashes in the #GTA in the past 24 hours. #OnStorm
We started getting snow around 4 p.m.,  no rain. 
Annie came barrelling in the door. Little Twinkletoes has been busy! I bet this is where she fetched the two voles she ate on the front porch.

Annabelle from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The raccoons were busy at the pumpkins. This looks like the momma who had triplets. We lost a raccoon on the road a few weeks ago, it looks like that family. 

trailcam 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I went down to fetch my canoe paddles and life jacket from my canoe.

The shoreline was frozen.

We'll see what the day brings. It's only -5 C. today. I have to go out and shovel. Also, put out the garbage. I have physio this morning, too. I'm better, but can't talk too much or I cough. Poor JB is still coughing heavily. We'll get him to the doctor shortly.

Track my plow!

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That storm and traffic in Kingston. We had a relative returning from here to Kingston last evening. Poor thing.

Karen said...

not a flake here!

Gaelyn said...

Bundle up to go out. I don't miss Sierra going out and bringing me back "gifts" like voles, birds, lizards...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Tooooo cold! Angry Birds huh? My day starts with Words With Friends! (Gotta wake up my brain before I risk looking at the news or enjoy checking in with bloggy friends!).

RedPat said...

We got ice pellets all day yesterday which was like sand to shovel! Snow last night at least looked pretty this morning.

carol l mckenna said...

Winter is upon us ~ rather be in your backyard with the animals than on the highway ~

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Red said...

Stay safe and get J B better.

Christine said...

we had to cut a trip short to return home Sat night due to weather warnings Sunday.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope you stay safe and warm. We only had rain and a little snow mixed in. Have a happy day and a good week ahead,

William Kendall said...

That storm system missed us. We're getting snow today, but there were just clear skies the two or three days before that.