Monday 30 December 2019

Trailcam tails and hooligans

Last week, Caitlin, Josee and I went down to the trailcams, Caitlin wanted wetland walkies. We found an owl pellet! And mute, the white stuff. 
 

I found another pellet the next day and looked at it. Obviously, the owl had been getting the meadow voles that Annabelle keeps finding. She left this one on the sidewalk. I think the raccoons ate it that night. The vole teeth are quite distinct.


They like their selfies!



Down the hill, beyond the meadow, we put out the turkey carcass. I left the box, as the coyotes like to play, and I wasn't sure what else to do with it. It was a juicy turkey!



Off I went, Dec. 27th, to check the trailcams. Hooligans! I love them!



It was our ubiquitous raccoons who scored. It was drama as they dragged pieces of the carcass around.



I hope you've flipped through the raccoons, I know hubby likes their antics. Next up, the red fox, surprised by the trailcam.



Then, to my surprise, the barred owl. Remember the owl pellet and mute (the white stuff). I was amazed. There were a couple more photos, but they were blurred. I'd put both trailcams on the spot to catch the action.



The next day, all 4 of our rescue raccoons, the fox, again, and a coyote.



I moved the 2nd trailcam back to the pumpkins. Everyone quite likes them.



NEXT DAY, a fisher.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love foxes ...very cool. neat sighting. those teeth are scary looking. have a great week. ( ;

Out To Pasture said...

Wow, what a trail cam picture haul that was! You have a very rich fauna habitat there in cottage country! Your hospitality has made it a 'happening place' for sure. The barred owl was a wonderful bonus! Well done!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's great to have so much wildlife right at hand. I have never seen a Fisher and I am sure it is exciting for you to know that you have one visiting your property. A Barred Owl is always a welcomed guest.

Anvilcloud said...

You do catch a lot with that trailcam. I had a good look today. I don't always. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello

I hope you are well. You do see awesome critters there. Looks like a fun time. Enjoy your day and week ahead. Thanks for visiting my blog this past year! Happy New Year, I wish you all the best in 2020!

Nancy J said...

The forest never sleeps. Love the owl there with every other animal, how they manage to frolic round and no fights, then the family fun. Did I say, I LOVE my calendar so much, waiting till tomorrow to hang it up. We have sunshine this morning, and slowly I am learning new things with the Mac.

RedPat said...

What a great assortment of creatures that you get!

Christine said...

Nice that you are outdoors a lot!

Tom said...

...Jenn, I hope that you and your family and all your wild critters have a wonderful 2020.

Red said...

The fisher is a great catch.

William Kendall said...

The deer are a delight.