Monday 23 December 2019

Trailcam tails Dec. 20-21

Here we are, Monday Morning. Garbage out, fish fed, deer fed, cats fed. Annabelle secluded in the bedroom as she keeps stealing kitten food. I've warned her, she has her annual exam next week, and Dr. Sarah won't be happy with her weight!

JB is slowly getting better. I'm not too bad now. The kids come Wednesday afternoon for Christmas.

I've having fun tromping out to the trailcams. It's my birthday Thursday, so I'm waiting for some sales to order myself another trailcam for my 63rd birthday. There are always Boxing Day sales. In the meantime, here's #2 camera. Despite the big secondary rutting session (the first was in November), the males are sticking around. I am crossing my fingers, hoping they've shed me some antlers.



This is trailcam #1, overlooking the meadow. It didn't yield much that day.



Dec. 21st



Here is a better shot, I tried one a few days ago, of the buck with the interesting antler shape.



Beyond her, in the background, is the path to the island in the wetland. More on that tomorrow!



I just adore their sweet faces!



Just for fun, a pair of coyotes went by. They are too quick for trailcam #2.



Here are their tracks!




We had a big warmup on Sunday. Look at the condensation on the camera lens! This is a momma with twins who have been hanging about.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday soon!

Nancy J said...

Love those RED boots. Your parcel, it can be for Christmas or that special day after.Those deer, maybe you will have more than one fawn to add to the outside family that resides under the trees.

Gaelyn said...

Glad to hear health is returning in time for family fun. A double whammy, Happy Birthday!

I love the idea of a trailcam. How fun that it caught you too. Nice rack on that last buck. What do you do with the sheds?

RedPat said...

Very sweet faces. I hope the coyotes don't bother those twins.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

is that fog? very cool. i enjoy the changes. very neat!! ( ;
enjoy your Christmas. hoping for a great 2020.

Red said...

You're going to have to set these cameras up on remote so that you don't have to go out each day exchange cards to download.

Jenn Jilks said...

@Red, I love walking in the forest, just like you and your birding. It's peaceful and quiet.

@Gaelyn I attached the antlers to my boring black chandelier! I don't know what I'd do with more!!!