Thursday 12 December 2019

Wind and weather, the home front

It's wonderful getting up in the morning. Three hungry cats love to lobby for breakfast. I feel so needed! The house is a mess, although I managed to vacuum yesterday. The kittens are getting accustomed to the noise. My priority isn't there. The kids were to come over for the weekend (we haven't celebrated Josee's 12th birthday yet), but we cancelled. We're just too sick.

This morning, Annabelle came into the bathroom with me. She played under the door with the kittens who park themselves outside, waiting patiently. In this photo, Annabelle is at Nutmeg's bowl, Nutmeg (right) is at Annabelle's diet food, and only Cinnamon is at the right spot, eating the rich kitten food.



This is our Christmas tree. The white lights were broken by the cats.



 I bought some $4.99 coloured lights, but the batteries died. I'm so disappointed. What did I expect from the drug store??!! They were fun.

tree lights from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It's been a bit chilly.



Wednesday was quite windy. I went in for physio, then a quick grocery shop. I was exhausted afterwards. Poor JB has a huge cough, still. Mine is lessening. The poor man had to sit up in the chair for a couple of hours overnight, just as I did a couple of weeks ago. This bug is really awful. He's run through his antibiotics, so it's difficult to tell if it's still pneumonia or if it's just viral. He has another appointment with our GP for Monday.

Last time JB was out shopping, Nov. 20, he bought tissues. We're going through them like mad. Normally, I use handkerchiefs, but tough times call for tough measures!

We had a skiff of snow. The wind just whipped it across the road. This is the dashcam.

windy day from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Today I drive to Carleton Place to pick up some more of JB's supplements. It's a lovely, sunny day. Good thing.

9 comments:

Karen said...

It sure was crazy yesterday! I'm glad I got home in one piece. JJ is calling for another 5cm for us tonight. The yard is a skating rink so we need a nice snow pack on top of that. It's impossible to salt and/or sand the whole lane.
Aww, it's so nice seeing your cats all getting along. I guess ours are just too old to change their ways. They hate each other.

Nancy J said...

What fun at the dinner table. Once, ages ago, when we had 5 cats, they all had their own dishes, and Tom, the beautiful dark ginger stray, always waited till last, he knew, how? that his plate was black? The ultimate gentleman of all. Lovely lights, may they last for a while longer.

Out To Pasture said...

Glad to see Annabelle enjoying the kittens. Gosh, that was one bad bout of flu you guys had! Hope you're bug free for the rest of the winter.

DUTA said...

Lovely gathering of cats!
JB looks very well dressed; hopefully he gets over his coughing soon.

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy your video of the Christmas Lights and the cats :)

Take care of yourselves, I do hope you feel better soon.

All the best Jan

Anvilcloud said...

You’re having too much fun wit the kitties

Christine said...

pretty tree lights!

Angie said...

Jenn - so sorry to hear that you both are under the weather. We are well, but time has definitely gotten away from us. Our son arrives tomorrow and my to-do list before he arrives is LONG! Praying for a speed-ier recovery for both of you!

William Kendall said...

This illness seems to be lingering for both of you.