Monday 16 December 2019

Rain and snow

I love little pickle-stabber! I have no idea what he was doing, but I love his facial expressions.



I had 193 images on this trailcam. Most of them looked like this! The weeds waving in the wind, perhaps, maybe the heavy rain set it off. All day, rain. In the night the deer were out there when the snow began.



The thermometer fell for the morning!


My morning walkies revealed another small tree down. I must get to it.



The frog pond looks interesting. There was 18 mm rain, and then snow.   This bodes well for the sleeping critters.



The patterns in the ice look cool.



I summoned my strength, and JB reminded me about the end of the driveway. I decided I ought to do something about it, rather than waiting for spring! I had to get garbage out by 8 a.m. this morning. I'm glad I shovelled.



I've left the snow on the driveway. We shall see what happens.



Thy are still munching on the pumpkins.

8 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All my neighbors here n Florida are talking about how glad they are not to have to shovel snow . (Most everybody here are from eastern Canada or the US East and mid-west, we are the exception being so far from home). But of course nobody here has amazing trail cams in their backyard, so you have compensations! Plus, I sense that you like Winter weather!

Anvilcloud said...

It looks like a long haul with the garbage.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
it does look lovely, but having to go out in it can change the view on this! Coming home to the Hutch today, I found the white stuff on the hilltops, but down here at sea level, it's just plain old dreich... YAM xx

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely wintry photos and the deer does look like he got something sour to eat ~ ^_^

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

After all my previous drams of living where there is winter snow, I have totally changed my mind!!! Too much of a good thing can be tedious work for a long time. You need a quad bike with a snow plough on it, will Santa come along??? Sorry my parcel wasn't large enough to fit one in.Never mind, down here I have just 8 days till I open mine!!!

Hootin Anni said...

The deer images are beautiful, and the snowy land is gorgeous from my indoor comfort of home.

RedPat said...

We got no snow, just rain all day Saturday. It was a miserable day!

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots of the deer.