Wednesday 4 December 2019

Our lovely trees

We never had a party around tree decorating. AC's post has inspired me for this post, though.  [Tree Decorating Party 2019]

We've had different trees. We don't really do a tree since Daisy fried ours, and burned her tongue. There isn't a day I don't miss her. She's been rehomed after fighting with her siblings.

She loved that tree!


We've had simple trees in the past. One year I decorated the caterpillar. Another, my large plants.

One year it was a tree branch, it depends upon the size of your home!


This is our little Charlie Brown tree. It had a little set of white lights. The kittens killed my little tree lights. What a pain. I tried to fix them, but I cannot see well enough to do it.


Monday we went to get our meds from the pharmacy and I spotted these new tree lights. So did the kittens, right away. It was like a magnet.

tree lights from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Just for fun, this is our Sadie (2005 – 2015). The kittens looks so much like her! I must dig out Frosty, too.

 

I'm on the mend, thanks, all for checking in. I'm managing symptoms, which are lessening. I have to take the kittens to the vet today. It shouldn't be too bad. Annabelle has to go in for her annual checkup, too.

JB's taking his antibiotics. I'm certainly taking it easy, as is he. He's just resting and coughing.

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

The little lights are so attractive, like a magnet for any kitty.Daisy, lovely to see her there and remember her escapade with the tree lights too/ I am sure she is happy in her new home, sometimes a change is all they need .Cinnamon and Nutmeg, they are going to have so much fun this Christmas with you.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Nope. Can't do flashing lights. Put dad's tree up and he has dark blue lights on his - static but, to me, a strange colour choice. Each to their own! At home, I just have a basic tree. I do like the tradition. YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Since we move here in '05, or tree has been a tiny pre-lit tree. It's a small place. There are other decorations and ornaments here and there.

Dianne said...

Daisy rehomed?????

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, Diane. She was rehomed last January. She just kept at her fellow rescue cats. Green with jealousy.

Cloudia said...

Home sweet home. Feeel beeettteeerrr!

William Kendall said...

Hopefully you're feeling better soon.