Thursday 19 December 2019

Sheer Entertainment

There is lots to keep one busy if you are happy and healthy. If you are sick, there is lots to keep one amused.

"I yield myself such time as I may consume." Rep. Jerry Nadler. 'Nuff said. These smirking, old, white politicians do go on. Politics can be a dirty business.



We tape and watch Trevor Noah. They demonstrate that his base haven't read the transcript. Like the old days, when the people couldn't read the Bible, as it wasn't translated.

The Big Bake Off: Tree-mendous cakes

We watch a few reality TV shows. Mostly musical ones. I know they are rigged and overhyped. The US TV peeps really overdo it. They are overproduced, with bells and whistles, back up dancers and background videos, while people are singing their hearts out. There is much emotional involved.

This one was interesting: The Big Bake Off, especially when you know someone on it. They were filming for 16 hours, Caitlin tells me. What a marathon.


This is the episode that my daughter Caitlin's friend, Jayne, was on. They had a viewing party in Ottawa. You can watch it here, perhaps. You never know across the pond. Spoiler alert: Queens of cake won the $10,000. They did well.

Jayne is on the far right.

In the meantime, Grampa, oops, the cats always send musical cards to the four grandies. Needing amusement, Caitlin videotaped it for us.

Merry Christmoose! from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.



I ordered my groceries online, again, to pick them up after physio. It's such a relief. I am not good grocery shopping. You choose your basket of goods, choose an hour time for pickup, they pack it up, store what needs to be kept cold in cold storage. When you arrive, you phone the number, tell them where you are (parking spot #2), and your groceries are brought out to your car.



On the way home, waiting for the light to change, a familiar sight: a teacher with his students.




In the meantime, I follow some fun critters on Twitter. This is Cheddar Cat. IT's always a poem in cat language. I love it!

After groceries, I picked up our reserved books from the library for both of us. I love reading, although my eyes are still giving me trouble.

I'm feeling some better, I have my voice back. JB has a new inhaler, to supplement the ventolin. He just has to kick the virus We might just hunker down today.



7 comments:

Karen said...

Brrrrr. Colder there than here, only -20

Out To Pasture said...

Can only stand to watch summaries of the impeachment process as the Republicans are acting like hypnotized and ridiculous zombies. And I've always been revolted by D.Trump. He seems to be conning half the country. Ugh! I agree that grocery pick-up service is wonderful! My sister has been under the weather so picked up her Walmart grocery order yesterday. Very convenient!

carol l mckenna said...

What a variety ~ great post ~ and yes ~ too cold to go out ~ Be cozy, safe and warm ^_^

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

Colder and colder I see. JB ,you need to be better by the 25th!! We have rain and it is cool, socks and long warm pants again. I remember when summer began at the end of November and went all through the summer school hols. Even more recently, when our daughters were babies, the days were hot and sunny. Jenn, rest lots Christmas will arrive in due time, so put your feet up and read a good book.XXXX

Hootin Anni said...

Love the cat pawetry!

And ordering groceries online here, after it's all bagged, you just drive up to the drive thru window and it's loaded. You drive off.

Christine said...

I think online grocery shopping is gradually being embraced for the convenience. I still enjoy actually going there myself

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
those cards are fun! Sounds like your bake show might be a variation on The Great British Bake Off, which is a 12 week knock out competition. I am always in awe of what those people produce. I do watch Masterchef, also. Beyond that I tend to avoid the reality shows. Only so much cringe space in my psyche!

I 'hunkered' since getting back to the Hutch. The body is just craving sleep. Am not fighting it. YAM xx