Wednesday 25 December 2019

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

I went silly with the window crayons. If I'd planned ahead, I wouldn't have put it on the outside. We'll need a couple of warm days for me to clean it off. 


We bought a turkey, and rather than putting it in the refrigerator, I put it outside on the back deck, with ice packed around it.


Also, the fridge thermometer to make sure it is cold enough. It was a lovely Christmas Eve.



I've been watching Christmas movies I've PVR'd. It gets me through the days. Christmas in Montana was filmed partly in Canada! Also, Christmas at Dollywood, which was filmed partly in B.C.

I also watched A Cheerful ChristmasFilmed in Ottawa, on the Rideau Canal, and Mill St., Mississippi Textile Museum, Cedar Hill Tree Farm, Cashmere and Rose store, Almonte. I'm happy to see all these Canadian sites. I have fun researching the locations. I add to the imdb.com website, as well! There was a very negative post on Facebook dissing all these movies. People do this every year. It is tiresome. Don't judge me and my choices, people. We're still looking after our health, and I'm happy to take it easy.

I suspect this is in Dunrobin!


The cats are getting closer to one another.


For the first time, Nutmeg perched on my foot rest, then settled on JB's chair. She helped me wash the kitchen floor, as well.


nutmeg 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

nutmeg from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Hubby was downstairs watching some DVDs. Two days ago, we watched United 93. Seriously. He was heavily involved, as he worked for Air Canada at the time. Several of the air traffic controllers played themselves, so it was quite realistic from that point of view.

 The kids are coming over in the afternoon. We'll see what fun we get up to. They had Cornish Game Hens for dinner yesterday, with their respective brother-in-laws. Jesse and the grandies visited us in November, from Vancouver. My youngest won't be here. We are estranged. C'est la vie. It's good Caitlin can take him in. He's healthy, at least.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Jenn - Merry Christmas to you and yours! We watched a terrific Netflix film last night, called Klaus. Warning - make sure you have your tissue box handy!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I've been binging a few viewings this week too: some I wouldn't touch at any other time of year, but hey, it's veg out time right? YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

It is fun to see the kitties. I even click the videos sometimes. :)

Karen said...

My estranged kid actually sent me a message today! Totally shocked us. You just never know when things will turn around!

Lady Fi said...

Merry Christmas!

Olga said...

I hope you had a nice day. Mine was quiet -- all my family get togethers happen on either side of the day itself this year. Off for Christmas 2.0 with my daughters and the grandkids today.

Lowcarb team member said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Nutmeg certainly is a cutie!