Sunday 22 December 2019

Fungus and frolics

I have exercises to do, assigned by my physio. It's been less than helpful having the cats supervise! I have to lie on my back, and Cinnamon likes this. Annabelle got mad & sat on some presents when I told her to get away.


"Are you sure you don't need help, mummy?"

I went out to fetch the trailcam images. JB is well enough to get some fresh air, albeit still coughing, and fetch the local paper and weekly flyers.



The bird boxes are pretty quiet at this time of year. This is for a saw-whet owl. It hasn't had a guest, AFAIK.



This poor old trailcam. The lubricant worked well, I can get the batteries out much more easily.



I spotted a fox on the trailcam.


In the beauty of the snow, which tells its tale, I could see its path, right across the frozen frog pond.

,

The frog pond


I walked out into the middle of it. It is frozen solid.


Snow-capped fungus!



Back up at the house. We anticipate above zero temperatures today, and I am hoping to get that ice off of the left feeder.



Our lovely Charlie Brown tree and our presents. I found some red and blue lights in the basement Christmas trunk!



Note the difference in sizes. Nutmeg is on the left, Cinnamon on the right. Nutmeg is slowly relaxing, and playing in the living room more often. Cinnamon is much bolder.

13 comments:

Phil Slade said...

Hope you have ditched those bugs by now. At least you both had them pre rather than during Christmas. Enjoy.

Karen said...

We have noticed a lot of fox tracks around and about lately. I'd love to see one. We used to have a pair that came regularly to our compost pit. They stopped coming by once we got a dog. :(

DUTA said...

The two cats are adorable; their cuteness softens somehow the winter desolate setting. JB seems to be OK; coughing may sometimes take longer than expected, but not to worry, it will all get better.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Hehe, Annie does look a bit nose-nibbed!!! The kittens are gorgeous. YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Walking on ice, I hope you carry a whistle in case it cracks. Recently our daughter and s-in-l went on a run, 23 km, high altitude, every runner had to carry a thermal blanket, water, thermal extra clothing and a whistle!!!Those parcels look great, hope JB remembers where he hid yours!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's really funny, Jean! Even if I had a whistle, JB has a 30% hearing loss and wouldn't hear me up at the house, even if he was outdoors. Plus, he'd likely be coughing!!!
The frog pond isn't very deep, anyway. It melts from the edges to the middle. If it's solid on the edge, it's be really thick inside!

RedPat said...

The kittens are so cute! It is +5˚C here and sunny! Wonderful!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh absolutely adorable kitty photos and lovely wintry outdoor photos ~ and I love your 'Charlie Brown' Xmas tree ~ sweet ^_^

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Sue (this n that) said...

Wishing you and yours all the best Jenn.
Keep warm and lots of good health to you.
Have a lovely Christmas, Sue xx ~😊🎄💖~

Rain said...

I love your Charlie Brown tree Jenn! The cats are just adorable!! Merry Christmas to you!! xx

Red said...

The critters can't get away with anything at your place.

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful cats and they look adorable. Looks so cold over there. Merry Christmas.

Anvilcloud said...

Cats and exercises. I once partially threw my back out due to a cat helping me with my exercises.