Saturday 14 December 2019

More kitten shenanigans

Here we are, trying to recover from this blasted cold virus. I went into town to pick up a refill of my puffer. I'm improved muchly. JB is still taking it easy.

We needed a few groceries, so I decided to get what I could in the drug store. Not so bad. JB is staying warm under the sleeping bag. The cats play hide and seek under his feet.

I mailed the musical card to JB's aunt. I'd lost it for nearly a week. It was on the bench behind the driver's seat. sigh. The Post Office outlet is in the drug store. One stop shopping!

Next, the dollar store. They are having a going-out-of-business sale. Everything is $1.50, so I thought I'd pick up a few things. One was balloons saying 'get well' for JB from the cats.

I even popped into the LCBO to get myself some white wine, helium balloons in hand!









On the way to the car, balloons in hand (you should have seen me), I thought I'd pop into the pet store for some catnip cat toys. 
Happy boy on the floor with his catnip mousie

They're getting quite eager to run around. These are crocheted and filled with catnip. Perfect! 
I gave another one to Nutmeg, on her bed in the office. Lunch was had. All was well with the world.


She's still a bit skittish.


She is calming down some. She's still a little leery of things in her world. I cannot blame her. So wee, just left at the side of the road. She is such a cutie.


JB went downstairs to watch some curling. He came back later and went into the office. Nutmeg was in her bed, but no mousie.

JB said, "Nutmeg, where's the mousie Mommy gave you?"

She jumped down, went under the dresser, brought out the mousie and dropped it at his feet. What a kitten!

This morning, Annabelle found the catnip mouse, and seemed to be intimidating Nutmeg.


It looks as if the severe warnings for freezing rain have melted in the actual rain!



It's simply raining in the above zero temperature, but what a huge storm! I think I might prefer snow. The ice rain is in red. Snow is blue.

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope your hubby feels better soon. Cute captures of your kitties and their new toys. We are having more rain today too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

Linda said...

What a long road to recovery after that virus. What a visual picture of you and balloons going shopping.

Anvilcloud said...

I should get Lacey one of those mice.

Christine said...

hope JP gets well soon too.

Nancy J said...

JB, you do not have very long to recover by the 25th!!! Let those kittens keep you entertained meantime.Jenn, you are a marvel driving with the way your eyes are. I don't dare try. All is quiet here at 5.41 a.m. and to think we soon have the shortest day.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Look at the snug bug in yonder chair!!! At least some fun moments are there to aid the recovery. Am hanging out for my respite week, which starts Monday... not that it hasn't been fun getting dad used to a different routine and all the new things to adjust to. But you know what I mean!!! YAM xx

carol l mckenna said...

Sending lots of healing energy hugs to your hubby ~ The kitties seem to be having a wonderful time and what a smarties to go get the mousie ~ Lovely post and photos ^_^
Glad the kitties have you both and you them ~ Xxxx

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

PS Pretty neat to get the groceries at the Drug Store ^_^

RedPat said...

My cat used to get stoned on the catnip and then collapse on the floor for a while! I hope you are both back to normal soon!

William Kendall said...

The cats are in good hands with you both.