Friday 20 May 2022

Bear, Deer and Butch

I love watching Butch. 
I don't really know what she is eating.

 

Butch raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Except, the fox caught on to them. You can see them run like mad in different directions. The first clip is our blond butch, then two finishing up the leftover bird seed. Next they bolt, for good reason!

Butch & fox from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


It was peculiar how the frogs stopped peeping, then you know why!

Butch & the owl from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The ducks continue to gather on the pond. The pond isn't drying up, as isusual for a vernal pond, but the local phragmites are growing and spreading. I need me a musrat family to clear it out like last time.

ducks on pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

There are invasive phragmites all about. They prevent critters, e.g. turtles, from moving to their breeding habitat. 
Invasive phragmites

As I went back up to the house, I must have come close to another robin's nest! They were not amused.

Robin red-breast from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Finally, baby bear. He's not all that big. I spotted him in the backyard Thursday, May 19, at dusk. (We had a long drive into the city for a cancer treatment. More on that tomorrow!) 

All our bird feeders are away. He's a good bear and doesn't turn up in the daytime. I do have to find my marine horn, though. We haven't needed it since 2017.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...phragmites wants to take over the world.

DUTA said...

It seems you've got a lot of entertainment going on in your area: racoon, fox, frogs, baby bear, ducks, robin, owl... Enjoy it!

RedPat said...

I have to google phragmites.

Cloudia said...

❤️

Nancy J said...

The marine horns, I saw them used in the series " Alone" where 10 contestants try to exist for 100 days in the Canadian Wilderness. Last year they were in an area where there were bears, one man standing in the lake and the bear parading along the shoreline.I am so glad you have one, but haven't needed it yet.Your sporing is certainly progressing ahead full pace. Your header, it would have a whole new meaning if the vowels were changed. ( That's just me and words!!!"

William Kendall said...

Quite a bear!

Red said...

I'll bet if you didn't have cameras you wouldn't know about half of these critters.

eileeninmd said...

Great variety of critters. The bear is a favorite.
The phragmites are taking over, horrible. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Love the way the raccoon ate, quite animated.