Thursday 5 May 2022

May the 4th be with you!

 Wednesday, it poured rain, about 11 mm. I could see it on the radar. It was a damp kind of cold! It was only about 10 C., and while the grass and the plants are happy... it would have been nice to get out.

There was lots of thunder and lightning that didn't make it to us!


Yesterday I noticed the cedar tree roots. I think it may be good for an online puzzle. I'll get on that.

The dryer is repaired! Our old dryer, which we bought with the house in 2010, konked out mid-dry. (Happily it was sunny at the time, and I hung the sheets outside.) When we reached our repairman, he said that this dryer is worth more money than a fancy new one, as it is much more reliable. That says a lot about modern machinery, with all the technology. He replaced the fan belt and we are good to go.  

The trailcam picked up some forest friends.

I haven't seen a coyote in awhile.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

After seeing the porcupine up in the tree (that was amazing!), it was fun seeing how it walks, plodding along, on the ground in the night.

porcupine from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It seems butch is getting its summer coat in. You can see a tuft of fur falling out near the base of its tail. It came by in the night as well. It stops and digs for bugs, there are little holes dug all through the forest.

Butch day & night from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🐻SNUGGLE Bears 

They celebrated the fourth of May! 'May the 4th be with you!' They all have a little light sabre! 


11 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm sure out of the loop with this Star Wars thing!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Go the Star Bears!!! YAM xx
A2Z Reflection

Barbara Rogers said...

I appreciate your critter cams...enjoyed the porcupine and the raccoon...I guess they walk over each other's paths without caring. Love the bears!

RedPat said...

Love the snuggle bears. They seem to be ready for any occasion.

Karen said...

My repair guy told me that about all of my appliances! So we keep them going. We had a really fancy stove (with a COMPUTER!) for about two weeks. It had two ovens, one a pizza oven which we loved. We never did have an opportunity to use the other. We had a power outage which fried the computer when it came back. We returned the stove. We ended up buying a refurbished stove from the repair guy. Both of my washers, long story, and the dryer are over 20 yrs. Mr Repairman has put belts on all three and a new agitator in the small washer in the upstairs pantry.

Anvilcloud said...

It’s nice out today. We enjoyed a pre-MDay breakfast with friends at Freska.

Nancy J said...

It's a hard life looking for food day and night. I know our cats shed the extra winter fur in spring, I hadn't thought what animals do then, guess rub against a tree, or pull the tufts out. He is a very busy little fellow. Home appliances, the good ones made years ago seem to be better at lasting than later models.

Jeanie said...

Oh, those sweet bears! Adorable!

Angie said...

Jenn - based on some damage to nearby pine trees, I have good reason to believe we have porcupines in the area. Interesting that I have never caught one on camera!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Both our washer and dryer are getting temperamental so it's probably time to call the repairman. They are both over twenty years old so I hope that parts are still available.

Gaelyn said...

I love the bears.