Thursday 4 November 2021

Movie Review: Love in Whitbrooke

 I was particularly struck by this shot in the movie, Love in Whitbrooke. We've stayed in this hotel in Port Hope! [Port Hope, Ontario in 2009] My great-grandmother, Mariah Mallette and grandmother Anne lived in and ran a boarding house in Port Hope.

It's a pretty white main cast. Hallmark has been improving this, especially since they film in Canada, with newer movies. 

It's a typical romance, and one does have to suspend belief, but on a rainy day... 

The signage for this building says Port Hope Administration Building. That confirmed it.


The IMDB database says it was filmed in Hamilton. I did some research, and there were many local news reports that it was being filmed in Port Hope Oct. 26 – 30, 2020.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'd planned to visit and have lunch with friends in Port Hope. Then we changed our minds. We thought we'd meet in Kingston, a midway point for both of us, but look what I spotted from Kingston...


 COVID is rearing its ugly head, still. We've not many cases here, but they are worrisome. They pop up from time-to-time.  
We've achieved a lot in our Health Unit, despite the actions of our COVID-denier MPP. 
"Today, the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit remains the leader in Ontario, with 95% of eligible residents fully vaccinated, and 98 % having received one dose."

9 comments:

Tom said...

...neat!

William Kendall said...

Hallmark does a lot of filming in these parts. Admittedly their films would drive me nuts having to watch.

Anvilcloud said...

I am surprised by your comment about getting a lot of spam on your blog. I don't approve posts but just clean them up afterward if necessary, and I usually only get about one or two a month. I guess there is an upside to having a small blog. :)

Christine said...

I agree the Hallmark movies are getting better.

Karen said...

I've found IMDB says quite a few Canadian films are done in Hamilton. My brother in law says it's because the film company is based in Hamilton. IMDB is American so they have no idea of small town Ontario.

Jeanie said...

I love seeing familiar locations in movies. I'll have to watch out for this one. I've notice that many Hallmark movies have Canadian casts!

Tanza Erlambang said...

very beautiful sceneries....
love to watch movie

Lorrie said...

It's fun to recognize places where films are made. Victoria is a popular place for filmmakers. The new Netflix series MAID was filmed here, changing BC Ferries to Washington State Ferries, and more.

Kay said...

Gosh! I haven't seen a Hallmark movie in a while.

Our COVID infection numbers seem to be stabilizing. However our death rate is alarming. Still, they say those death numbers are from people who have been in the hospital for a while after being infected a while ago. I just hope 2022 will get closer to normal.